• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

June BMQ- 2009

Went down to the CFRC here in Barrie an hour ago to check what was going on with my file. I've been merit listed today and for anyone wondering, I was informed that April is full up and they've already started calling people for June BMQ.
Looks like nobodies going anywhere for another month or so haha. Oh well, more time to prepare!

What is the deal?  Do different recruiting centres just decide to set random timelines to start calling people for courses?  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't slightly annoyed.

I was told today that i'll likely get a call for the job offer between may 20-27 and that the BMQ start date would likely be June 8th or 15th as the courses in late June were already full!

yeah I was told if I was selected *love the vagueness* for June to not expect a call until mid/late May.

They didn't tell you for sure if you were selected? I recieved a conditional offer, assuming i don't get in trouble with the law or injure myself i would be given the offer. What trade are you applying for?

RMS Clerk.  I haven't been able to get a real answer out of my file manager since the get go - just lots of generalizations.  It is supremely irritating.  Especially considering she was all like "oh, there are LOTS of RMS spaces available" as if it doesn't matter to me when I go.  ::)

Yes, I know that - but when I said I can't go anywhere until May (due to hubby still being in A'stan) I didn't mean I want to be dicked around until August.  Sheesh.

Strange how some recruiting centers seem to be efficient then others, must be a higher intake in some areas. Hang in there I'm sure it will all work eventually. Best of luck!

yeah the inconsistency is a little unsettling.  oh well.  we'll see what happens - will try not to freak out too much over it.

Seems like everyone's getting all sort's of answer. Guess it's just best to wait it out until everyone starts getting called.
I was told specifically today that if I don't get a call from someone by May 15th to call the CFRC in Barrie again because there's no way I shouldn't have an offer for June by then.
I'm done worrying. I'm sure they will get around to calling me and I've let myself get bothered enough over it the past two weeks. I'm glad I know that I will be going some time in June and will wait for the call now.
If anyone get's offer's for June let us know though!  :)

So i got my offer today for infantry with the RCR!  I swear in on May.11 in Oshawa and leave June.7 for the June.8 course.  Man the waiting has been killer but now i finally have a date.  See you guys there!

I received a job offer today for ATIS Tech - scheduled for June 22 BMQ in Quebec.

I spoke with my file manager at the CFRC in Calgary today.  She confirmed that there is no BMQ's running in May and they are currently course loading for June 22nd. 

Congrats and good luck guys!
I spoke with my file manager today as well. Apparently they're already loading up the June 22nd course.. they're filling up the month of June quite fast.
I was Merit listed yesterday and was told I would hear "within two weeks" about a job offer/swear in date. I was also told that there is a high chance I will get on a June course.
I'm hoping so. Was very surprised to hear how fast the June courses are filling up!

Hello All! My first post here but I have been reading for a while.
Knowing the delays on paperwork I doubt I will be in any of the June BMQ's unless they rush things (wishful thinking haha). Just wanted to say Congrats to those that have received their offers and ship dates and good luck and hold in there to those still waiting. They'll call!

For what it's worth. I would suggest checking in with someone familiar with your file around every couple weeks. There were a couple times I stopped by the CFRC 'just to check in'  and I was able to clarify a few things for them to speed the process up.

Back