• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"Jimmies" What do the Signals do?

NFLD Sapper said:
Some of your questions about LCIS Techs and other subjects have bordered on trolling....

Tsokman as has been stated before I think you should post less and read more......

Lest you find yourself introduced to the warning system.... just a friendly reminder.....

MILNET.CA MENTOR

And with that........

Consider that you FINAL WARNING.

George
MILNET.CA STAFF

-Skeletor- said:
You get a pink tutu to prance around in an a magic wand to fix things with.

1.) There is no such thing as a maint tech

2.) Why do you think Techs are special an get different gear than anyone else?

Oh my....... I haven't had a good laugh in awhile. Good thing the Lineman don't get the tutu's, at least a kilt might hide a bit 'o junk while up a pole :nod:

I heard the new linemen mess dress is a UNITARD. Should fit some of them better than gorilla suits. ;D

Tango18A said:
I heard the new linemen mess dress is a UNITARD. Should fit some of them better than gorilla suits. ;D

In black I hope.  So much more slimming.  Do you think it might clash with the drag marks on my knuckles?  Will I get to wear the Unitard with a pink tu-tu once we amalgamate?

Only if you promiss to be nice to the Sig Ops, I know they are a bit lost now that all of the top positions have been occupied by LCIS and Linemen. Just remember, its even worse to drag your knuckles in Ontario due to the massive amounts of road salt used. Now if the Sig Op unitard came with red dots, where would you put them? ;D

Sig Ops arn't smart enough to wear a unitard.  We'd never be able to figure out how to put it on, and where all the bits and pieces go.  I know I'd be completely SCR***D if it weren't for the fact that I married an RMS clerk who can read the dress manual and explain what it says while I look at the pictures.

Just remember to stay on her good side. Otherwise she might get you to put on a skirt, bowler and a dickey. Explain that combo to the RSM :rofl:

I do have to be careful I suppose.  But then again being as I doing all the grocery shopping and cooking as a way to relax, I could always cause trouble of my own.  It's hard shopping for no Name stuff in cans when there aren't any pictures on the Cans to show me what's inside.

As a quick side note, who let some one let from the Strats near a computer without adult supervisions, are your kids around to make sure you're doing everything correctly. :salute:

very funny, I'm surprised that a man of your age is still awake. Does the National Time signal on the 106 still rock you to sleep?

Hi all

I had originally applied for Infantry, Pilot, Artillery as my three trades, but I was told that all three were 'full' and I would have to do something else. One of the available trades was Signals Officer, so I put that down as first choice, since it's about the closest thing to my original 1st choice (Infantry) that was available. Anyways, my plan is to enter the Forces as whatever they want me to be, and attempt to transfer to a Combat Arms trade at a later date. Not the best plan, mind you, but a plan is better than no plan. Anyways, I was reading this thread, and it was said that transfers out of Signals are difficult. I wanted to ask: How difficult are they? And what's the earliest probable time I could seek a transfer from Signals to a Combat Arms trade?

Sig O isn't very close to Inf O at all.... Transfers from Sigs NCM positions are difficult, Officer end might be completely different. It all depends on if the trade is "red" or not.

Yes I know that, PuckChaser, but it's closer to Infantry Officer than some of the other available trades, such as Marine Systems Engineering or Naval Combat Systems Engineering.

Back