• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Italian desert combat uniform: Cadpat copycat?

Daniel San

Inactive
Reaction score
I was browsing through recent images from Afghanistan (ISAF change of command, actually) and I noticed that the new italian desert uniform looked very much akin to the Cadpat AR, or is it simply their own digital camouflage pattern? If anyone knows something about this, I would very much like to know!

Thanks.

Tried to look on the Italian Army website but the English version is under construction. Does look alot like CADPAT AR thought.

McNutt

A better view of the pattern.

puliziaarmi6gs.jpg

After seeing a better image they look like they are a design of there own.

McNutt

Boy, and I thought our Highlanders had "funniest hat" turf staked out <awaiting incoming fire>  :-*

;)

never mind, try being first Generation Canuck, with Italian parents while serving in a highland unit...Feather bonnet and Kilt even...

none bella

dileas

tess

Infanteer said:
Boy, and I thought our Highlanders had "funniest hat" turf staked out <awaiting incoming fire>  :-*

;)

*sends awaited flames*  :rage:

Edit: lol, I just saw the kiss-blowing smiley. I forgive you  ;)

The Italian pattern is much closer to MARPAT because of it blotchier appearance, but very different shades of the colors. The colors are closer to ours and from a distance look pretty close to the same.

Seeing them both, up close beside eachother.  Theyre pretty similar.  The goatees and funny hats really give them away though.  ^-^

Wow!  And I though a wedge with combats looked ludicrous!?!

That doesn't look too shabby. Beats the crap outta ACU... the whole faded greys and browns confuses me.

Cheers,
Pinky

As an Italian, I find those hats completely ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if they started yodeling.

:cdn: :threat: :cdn:

Infanteer said:
Boy, and I thought our Highlanders had "funniest hat" turf staked out <awaiting incoming fire>    :-*

;)

Nope our elephant slippers don't hold a candle to those things.  And are they wearing ascots?

I can see it now... next summer.. the mega blockbuster of the season..... is...

ROBIN HOOD - MEN @ ARMS

Back