• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is It Possible They Have Bin Laden?

K. Ash

Inactive
Reaction score
I heard and interesting idea a few days ago, regarding Osama Bin Laden.
What if American Forces already has him? What if they got him and decided to keep it a secret until...say...November month?

What an election gift that would make. And not that it's a bad idea, personally I think it would be a genious idea, afterall what a better election gift?

Please keep in mind this was an idea that came after several drinks...

What do you guys think?

I think that if they did have him secretly, somebody in the military would surely blow the whistle on it, if it was purely for political purposes. Who knows though, you just need a few conspirators and a lot of red tape...

One theory, compliments of my history teacher, is that even if they don‘t have osama by november, Bush will hire the ‘Extreme Makeover‘ People to recreate Osama Using some poor schmoe.

I could definatly see them ‘finding‘ him in october/november tho.

While they‘re sometimes entertaining to think or talk about, I don‘t put much merit in conspiracy theories. But like I said, they‘re entertaining to think about, so here goes.

Not terribly plausible.

Number one reason was already mentioned, too hard to keep under wraps. If the cover was blown, it would spell disaster. If it could be kept secret, it would be only partially beneficial. Many would wonder why it took so long. Others would play the conspiracy theory card and keep paranoid people up at night. Most of the people who would be easily swayed are already probably the people who would vote for Bush.

Number two, nobody cares about afghanistan any more. Don‘t take that the wrong way, its still on many peoples minds (those who have family there, or those who lost family on 9/11, but it isn‘t a big election issue. Iraq dominates nearly all american news outlets, so its going to play a bigger factor in the election. Although... capturing Osama would be a great a distraction.

Number three, it would be very risky. If Osama was captured, I‘d be willing to be there would be some form of retallitory gesture. Perhaps I‘m mistaken here (there was nothing really noteworthy when Saddam was captured), but Al Qaeda is a terrorist organization which inarguably has plans to commit another terrorist act. Capturing him might be the catalyst needed to put some plans in action. While it might boost popularity somewhat (didn‘t Bush‘s popularity go up after 9/11? Maybe not), there would be plenty of "it happened once, ok, but twice, no thanks Mr. Bush, we‘ll try someone else" sentiment.

And thats all the time I‘m going to waste on this topic.

Naw, haven‘t you heard? Bush and Osama are good buddies. He could never turn him in. Osama‘s probably living at Camp David right now. I read it on a website so it must be true.

No, he can‘t be in the US, cause he is already here didn‘t you know. Right after they went to A-stan, old Osama came to Pearson (shaved his beard first), "forgot" his papers, claimed refugee status under an assumed name(I think it was probably Sam Ben Lindon), because he was being "persecuted" in Afghanistan. Immigration gave him his hearing date, and he promptly disapeared. Well not really he is driving a cab in Scarborough and now living with the Khadrs.

I‘ve been saying that they already got him for a while now, but those other voices keep telling me I‘m crazy. Sigh, well time to put that tinfoil hat back on. The Major League Baseball satellite is about to make another pass. :warstory: (thats not a helmet, its my tinfoil hat.)

Back