• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is a BSc in Kinesiology allowed for Physiotherapy Office track

CJWood

Inactive
Reaction score
We're trying to find out some information for my son, who graduates in 2016 from high school. He has written and passed the aptitude test - and is making his choices for university, hopefully in an ROTP plan. He wants to pursue a BSc in Kinesiology in order to qualify for a Masters in Physical Therapy in his third year.

We have heard that the CF does not accept kinesiology for ROTP. Can anyone confirm that?

Thanks

Further to my question, in speaking with an officer at the recruiting centre in Hamilton, our understanding is that since Physio is a Masters degree - the CAF will only pay for one degree under ROTP. My son will need to either attempt ROTP as a pilot (one of his choices) or Infantry Officer, or complete a BSc on his own and apply for ROTP for his Masters and then pursue Physiotherapy Officer.

From this, our understanding is that in the pilot stream, a BSc of Kinesiology would be accepted for ROTP ... please confirm, if possible.

Thank you

Good Day,

Your original query is being looked into by Warrant Officer Robert, he's just waiting on a confirmation of some information from higher up the chain of command to come back down to him.

Cheers,

CJWood said:
Further to my question, in speaking with an officer at the recruiting centre in Hamilton, our understanding is that since Physio is a Masters degree - the CAF will only pay for one degree under ROTP. My son will need to either attempt ROTP as a pilot (one of his choices) or Infantry Officer, or complete a BSc on his own and apply for ROTP for his Masters and then pursue Physiotherapy Officer.

From this, our understanding is that in the pilot stream, a BSc of Kinesiology would be accepted for ROTP ... please confirm, if possible.

Thank you

The acceptable entry standards for ROTP Pilot include "any" Science Degree.  Please keep in mind, that as an ROTP applicant, you will first be considered for admission to the Military Colleges, and if found suitable for admission, you will be offered to attend the Military Colleges.

Back