• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Interview update

Donny

Subscriber
Inactive
Reaction score
I have been merit listed for a trade for last 8 months and i decided to add a second trade two months ago. My Local CF called me last week and told me they have to do the update interview for my second choice.
Has anybody ran into this? I am just trying know if they would check my references again. Only problem i have is, I have my boss as one of the references and my work would not know i am going to this second interview. Last time they checked my references with another reference i had. I will be doing this interview with a new military Officer. Officer who did my previous interview retires last month and i am a bit nervous about this
interview.
Any replies would be appreciated.

You are doing another interview. That's all.

Stop the panic.

Yeah I'm not sure I understand what the problem is. You've just gotta do another interview. Your last one went fine, with the proper preparation I'm sure this one will too. As for your references, especially if it's been less than a year, I doubt they'll call them again. The references (to my understanding) are more just to confirm you are who you say you are. They've already done that, so I don't see why they would do it again.

Reference was checked last july 7th by the officer who did the last interview.  So it's within a year but different officer.

therickiness said:
damn  merit list for 8 month, that really blows.

It happens - I've known of two other candidates who waited nearly 3 years before they got their calls. 8 months isn't that long in perspective.

Donny said:
I have been merit listed for a trade for last 8 months and i decided to add a second trade two months ago. My Local CF called me last week and told me they have to do the update interview for my second choice.
Has anybody ran into this? I am just trying know if they would check my references again. Only problem i have is, I have my boss as one of the references and my work would not know i am going to this second interview. Last time they checked my references with another reference i had. I will be doing this interview with a new military Officer. Officer who did my previous interview retires last month and i am a bit nervous about this
interview.
Any replies would be appreciated.

You are doing another interview, because you picked another job, plain and simple.

Yes, I had to do another interview because i picked another trade as my second choice. However when i showed up for my interview, Lt. said this will be considered as 1yr update interview as well.
Fortunately i bumped up my scores big time from this interview and merit listed for both trades now.

Back