• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Installation of Tampon Dispensers in all Washrooms

I work in property management and look after some government properties, and all the dispensers in the men's room are being tossed in the trash most days. Some clicks the button and tosses them in the trash almost daily.

Only what I have seen in Ottawa and non DND buildings.

waste of money and time in my opinion

Sorry they’re throwing the dispenser, that’s bolted to the wall, in the trash daily?

That is just strange. I work at the National Printing Bureau and the washrooms have them installed and they don't look like anyone has tampered with them at all. They are a non-issue, I don't hear anyone talking about them, they treat them as a normal item in a washroom like toilet paper.

And damaging or vandalizing them should result in charges.
Assuming the culprits can be found. We had an incident a few months ago and as far as I know no one has been caught. They were only able to narrow it to the time it happened which coincides with who might have been in the building but it’s a pretty non secure building so it could have been anyone or even a non CAF type.

I'm sorry but, even if I had an issue with the whole tampons in men's washroom (which I don't), what a petty and juvenile thing to do. How fucking soft are you that a tampon in a bathroom bothers you this much.
Oh, a whole bunch of soft as baby shit types are pushing back against this, like they’re personally threatened or something.

Of course, anyone vandalizing them or throwing away all the contents doesn’t also get to say they’re upset at the government wasting money. Gotta pick one.

One man's civil disobedience is another man's soft as baby shit.
If they’re not also standing on the street with a sign saying how much tampons in men’s washrooms affect them, it’s not “civil disobedience”.

As @dapaterson says, all the cleaners know that someone is using up all of the tampons and they restock them.

Which adds to the cost to the govt.

To…protest govt spending?

And in this case it’s still a crime one way or the other.
Yes; otherwise, it wouldn't be disobedience.

These things end one of three ways:
  • the authority changes its policy
  • the authority enforces the rules and the dissidents fade away
  • the dissidents are ineffectual and pointless and fade themselves away

I figure this one ends by method (3).

Imagine living in a country where government policy makers have a long term care home charge seniors $1.43 for a Tylenol, but then turn around and provide tampons for men (who absolutely do not menstruate) at no charge because the mullahs in the CHRC issued an order to accommodate a serial litigant and now it’s government policy, obligation and taxpayer cost from coast to coast to coast.

They threw out the dispenser. And then proceeded to kick the entire sink counter off the wall.

Is this still the daily thing? Sounds like a charge is warranted. When 1 VP had a graffiti issue we introduced a sing in sheet and “washroom duty” where by you signed in, used the wash room, and the stall was inspected before you signed out. sometimes the solutions to juvenile problems is to treat people the way they act.

Is this still the daily thing? Sounds like a charge is warranted. When 1 VP had a graffiti issue we introduced a sing in sheet and “washroom duty” where by you signed in, used the wash room, and the stall was inspected before you signed out. sometimes the solutions to juvenile problems is to treat people the way they act.
Happened only once. And as I mentioned, that although the day it happened could pinpoint who might have been in that day, CSDH is pretty much an open access area for most DND pers. Heck even Civies wander in.

Imagine living in a country where government policy makers have a long term care home charge seniors $1.43 for a Tylenol, but then turn around and provide tampons for men (who absolutely do not menstruate) at no charge because the mullahs in the CHRC issued an order to accommodate a serial litigant and now it’s government policy, obligation and taxpayer cost from coast to coast to coast.

Imagine living in a country where the civics education is so poor people don’t understand the difference between provincially provided assisted living and agreements for employees of the Federal govt.

Back