• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Info regarding Pharmacy Officers

MapleFlag

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello!

I am very interested in becoming a prospective pharmacy officer in the Canadian Armed Forces. I've already submitted my online application and I'm awaiting to reply to the recruiting office.

Before I do so, I was wondering if you guys could help me out with a couple of questions I have:

1. Are there Pharmacy Officers serving in the RCAF or Navy? From what I understand, it is only an Army job.

2. Is there a part-time option for Pharmacy Officers or do all recruits go through ROTP and serve full-time?

4. How does the BMOQ / ROTP training schedule look? I understand that students still go to their respective schools during the winter academic year, but my school requires me to go through a work-experience program during the summer as well. Will that affect my training process?

5. Can anybody who has actually gone through the program tell me if the 6-month hospital rotation is guaranteed for all prospective pharmacists?

Thank you so much!
B.H.

Good Evening,

1. Pharmacy Officers can be Navy, Army or Air Forces.  I can check our exact numbers on Monday to see if any of the uniforms are closed for the year.
2. According to the Forces website there are part-time options; however I deal specifically with the Regular Force applicants so you would need to speak with a Reserve Unit in your area to find out if they have openings at the moment.
ROTP is one option if you would like the CAF to pay for your education, if you're already qualified than DEO is also an option.
4. It will not affect your training, if it is a requirement for you to do placement during the summer to be able to graduate then you will still do you training.  Upon graduation you will go on the next available BMOQ course.
5. If you are selected for the ROTP program then yes you are guaranteed the rotation so that you're fully qualified.

I did want to state that right now PharmO is one of our in demand trades.  I will be sending you a message very shortly so please look at your inbox.

Cheers,
Sgt Laen

Good Day,

Follow-up as promised on Friday.  This year (15/16) we were only hiring Pharmacists into Army and Air Force uniforms.

Cheers,
Sgt Laen

Back