• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry getting pardon from doing SQ

def jam

Inactive
Fallen Comrade
Reaction score
Infantry getting pardon from doing the SQ course.I heard rumors of this floating around but like i said they are just rumors.On the other hand to increase troop strength  and decrease training time to get our battalion numbers up it wouldn't be a bad idea because Your taught everything that you learn on SQ on your 3's,or so im told. So to me It dont seem like a bad Idea. Reply if you have some input.

I don't where this rumour originated, but I certainly haven't heard anything like this (and I deal with both the SQ and the DP 1 Inf).

What's taught on the SQ is not taught on the DP 1 Inf and whomever is telling you that needs to pull their head out of their anal orifice.

C9 and C6 are both taught during the SQ and are not repeated during the DP 1 Inf.  A couple of topics appear during both courses, such as patrolling, but the SQ provides a brief introduction to the material while the DP 1 Inf goes into considerably more detail.

Besides from an over abundance of controlled substances, I can see two possbile origins of this rumour, although the perpetrators would have to have taken things totally out of context:

1.  The SQ will disappear for all trades (not just Inf) in a year or so once the Enhanced BMQ course is finalized.  However, there will not be a difference in what the student does, the material will just appear during a different course.

2.  Someone may be getting confused over the policy for out of sequence training.  However the circumstances during which this is allowed to occur are quite specific and seldom (if ever) apply to unit run training.

There has been some grumbling becasue where the green side of the house has BQ & SQ... the Air & Navy types don't have....

There is discussion to combine the SQ with either the BQ or the DP1 TQ.

If the CF intend to continue offering common / all arms BQ then the SQ will either continue to be a reality OR it will get combined to the TQ.... though my recommendations would be for it to stay... nothing can be gained by having BQ qualified soldiers showing up at the Battle Schools before they are ready.

geo, most of what you mention is time expired.

There has been some grumbling because where the green side of the house has BQ & SQ... the Air & Navy types don't have....

The Air & Navy types now realize they need some of the skill sets from the SQ, that's why the Enhanced BMQ is coming.

There is discussion to combine the SQ with either the BQ or the DP1 TQ.

Its not discussion, its happened.  The pilot course of the Enhanced BMQ is ongoing in Saint-Jean right now.

If the CF intend to continue offering common / all arms BQ then the SQ will either continue to be a reality OR it will get combined to the TQ.... though my recommendations would be for it to stay... nothing can be gained by having BQ qualified soldiers showing up at the Battle Schools before they are ready.

The Enhanced BMQ includes much of the SQ course content.  The remaining content (which is not fully determined) will likely move to the DP1 Inf/Armd/Arty as those trades are controlled by the Army.  It is unknown what mechanism will be used to train CFSTG controlled trades in these skills once the SQ disappears.  Therefore the ATCs will either have the soldiers show up with the skills or they will be teaching it themselves.

AH.... tks for the update
once you're moved to a Puzzle palace you're more or less cut out of the loop.

I see a big problem for the CSS & admin trades for our "green" people.
They all go in for these "common" courses and will show up "shortchanged" upon arrival to unit lines.

Would any of you know how this will impact the army reserve BMQ training? Right now the course is supposed to run 20 days - either on weekends or for a month in the summer - I assume they will try to lengthen it - or will they just keep SQ for the reserve world?

cheers, mdh

SQ will continue for now with the reserves... probably thru to the fall of 06
once the enhanced BQ is analysed they will probably adjust the Reserve course BUT when you get down to it..... why bother?
As it stands, by moving most (but not all) of the SQ to the BQ, you are placing the onus on covering the missing material to the DP1 TQ course... not a problem if you are a combat arm trade but, if you are a CSS or admin trade - the material won't get covered because you will be attending a common AIrforce/Navy/Army course... and because the other two branches say "we don't need it" they won't teach it.

Standards said:
The Enhanced BMQ includes much of the SQ course content.   The remaining content (which is not fully determined) will likely move to the DP1 Inf/Armd/Arty as those trades are controlled by the Army.   It is unknown what mechanism will be used to train CFSTG controlled trades in these skills once the SQ disappears.
I'd hope that the CFSTG schools pick-up the SQ POs & EOs that don't make it into an "enhanced" BQ (sounds a lot like an undiluted QL2).

you're pretty much on the money MCG

I was comfortable with the TQ1 thru TQ8 system

I was certain they had gotten it right with the idea of DPs... once I got my head to think in that manner....
BQ for all
SQ for the green guys
DP1 TQ for all..........

and now they want to change it back (more or less)
sigh!
Now I know I'm getting old

Back