• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry Comms Course

Pte. Bloggins

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've been on several exercises recently, supporting various infantry units, and I was wondering, what exactly do they teach on the infantry Comms course? (I believe it was, until recently, one of the QL4 courses) And how does it differ from a sig op's 3s?

we learn 521 and 522's
you can learn TCCS jazz, learn stuff about IC (is that what it's called? stuff inside comms vehicles like lav's, sig ls's and stuff like that)
learn the sputnick set up, uhhhhhhh.............radio procedure
I learnt how to work a generator?
I'm sure there's more, I took my course in the MO
Greg

I believe it is called "combat signaller" course and it is open to either all arms or all combat arms.

Yeoman said:
we learn 521 and 522's
you can learn TCCS jazz, learn stuff about IC (is that what it's called? stuff inside comms vehicles like lav's, sig ls's and stuff like that)
learn the sputnick set up, uhhhhhhh.............radio procedure
I learnt how to work a generator?
I'm sure there's more, I took my course in the MO
Greg
It is called a CI (controller interface) and IC is one of the modes on it.  The course is the 102 TCCCS designated course.  It goes into more info about field expedient antennas and less into the UHF and HF radios.  They concentrate on the 522 and 521 radios.

This should be taught on QL3 Crse for cryin out loud. Pro Patria. :warstory:

Back