• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry/Cadets

Hatchet Man said:
Math wise the the SNCO and officer ranks have a combined total that is higher than Pte/Cpl.

Majority = most = biggest number = what you just posted

Not too many people get employed full time with the reserves before they even complete BMQ, which would be the case for the OP.

SeR said:

Not too many people get employed full time with the reserves before they even complete BMQ, which would be the case for the OP.

Those numbers are nice but the question is, how many of those positions are "Temporary" and how many are "Permanent".  You will never seen anyone filling a "Permanent" position without being occupationally qualified.

SeR said:

It's certainly not the VAST majority you implied, and broken down by rank level cpl/mcpl comes out on top over most other ranks save for Capt (as alot of the Sgt positions are also cross posted for MCpl as well).

DAA said:
Those numbers are nice but the question is, how many of those positions are "Temporary" and how many are "Permanent".  You will never seen anyone filling a "Permanent" position without being occupationally qualified.

I didn't look at posting details, but I am of the view any contract that has a set length whether it be 1 or 3 years is still temporary, regardless if the CAF calls a 3 year contract permanent (how many people in the last 2 years or so were on "permanent" contracts and got the old 30 day notice?).  And like I alluded to this doesn't include all the taskings in Monitor Mass (since I obviously don't have access to that), which from what I recall is substantially heavy on the pte/cpl ranks, and I have known a few enterprising ptes, who have managed to string enough of those together to basically be working full time before they were fully trade qualified.  There aren't many out there I reckon, but there are a few who are willing to be sent on any and every crappy GD tasking that becomes available. 

Hatchet Man said:
It's certainly not the VAST majority you implied, and broken down by rank level cpl/mcpl comes out on top over most other ranks save for Capt (as alot of the Sgt positions are also cross posted for MCpl as well).

According to your numbers, two out of three full time reservists are sergeants or above. I would call that the vast majority, but I guess the term could be open to interpretation.

Either way, the OP wouldn't be joining as a corporal, so these numbers shouldn't be a concern to him.

I decided to join the ROTP in September of my last year of high school and I want to be a officer and go to RMC, NOT a civil uni and I want help on that can u guys tell me something about ROTP with RMC Saint-Jean, and when is bmq for officer with paid education. after they are done rmc or while in rmc

Your first test as a potential RMC candidate is to use the search function and find some information yourself.

ObedientiaZelum said:
Your first test as a potential RMC candidate is to use the search function and find some information yourself.

Not really! He passed his first test...to get us NCM's to do the work for him...hehehe ;D

Back