• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

In clearance dress -CFB Borden

Leeworthy

Inactive
Reaction score
Good evening. I'm headed to Borden on Monday to clear in. What is the normal dress for in clearance. Its been a while since I have been there and the times I was I had a uniform. Should I be in business casual or is jeans and a polo short acceptable? 

Thanks in advance

If you don't have an uniform, business casual will fit the bill....

...but you can never go wrong with a jacket and tie.

Awesome. Thank you. I would wear a suit and tie. But 3 hours in a monkey suit and probably burger king for lunch may not fair very well.

Wear whatever you're travelling in.  You don't need to travel in uniform.  Last time I showed up in Borden, I think it was cargo shorts and a golf shirt.  Having said that, I normally arrive after hours, no later than the day before my course (or the reason I'm there) starts.  All I'm doing when I initially report is picking up my room key.  If I need to go back the next day for anything else, I wear a uniform for that.

Haggis is bang on - business casual works fine seeing as how you do not have a uniform yet. Just make sure you are clean shaven (unless for medical reasons you cannot) and dirt / hole free with no obvious vulgar infraction printed on your attire! You will remember how it works - you haven't been out that long! Just beware of hurting people feelings... seems to be the norm here these days!

Was that my outside voice again? ::)

Lol thanks binrat. I've arrived. This place hasn't changed much at all. New mess hall though. I will report on its awesomeness later haha.

So far no one knows what I am doing and Borden didn't know I was coming. Imagine that. Had to wait for a room and everything was full.

For now, I will just get my self settled in. May be an inspection tomorrow morning. Should be interesting.

Back