• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I want to join but...

luc-radis

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi, lately my mind has been flooded with ideas and questions. I have a new family and have recently been completely unable to find work which is not a favourable situation to say the least. When I was younger it would on occasion enter my thoughts to join the army, so in my current situation I decided to do some research and see what it is I would be getting myself into. Mostly everything I have read is ok by my standards, the only things that really spur on any hesitation would be the time away from the family and you know .... the unspoken possability. I would ask how much time you get to spend with loved ones when you are full time. One other thing I worry about is the testing. I think I would do fine on the majority of the physical tests and maybe not so hot on anything that has to do with dirty dirty math. But that's between me and me.
Hopefully someone out there can shed some light on my question. Have a good day.

There is no set answer to your question.  While you are doing your initial training you will not see your family, I would not count on seeing them until your are finished training and at your first posting.  Once you are at your first posting it depends on what trade you are and if you are in an operational unit as to how much you are away from home.

For example say you go RMS clerk and your first posting is to a base HQ you might be doing just a normal 7-5 Mon-Fri day with almost no exercises away.  Now if you are a RMS clerk in an Infantry BN you will have the same Mon-Fri day but chances are you will go to the field more with the unit for a couple of weeks at a time several times a year.

Not a very good answer I know but there is no real answer to your question.

Hey it helps and I appreciate it.
I have another question because that's just what I do.
What would you say is the hardest part for you?

Back