• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I need some help badly, plz respond by message!

Graphidi

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey all just to give some background. I've only been in the military (reserves) strongly for about a year and a half, i just turned 19 this weekend, and i am SQ qualified.

the thing is, i f***ed up bad...and i believe I'm ready now to confront my issues and get them solved...I've grown a fear of my unit i believe i dont know why, i've missed way to much training, to the point where theyve wanted to release me. And my fears gotten to the point where i dont even want to check my mail any more... in Lamans terms, i ditched.

times have been pretty bad in my head latley, ive gone through some fairly large depression this past year and a half, please dont compare your life to mine, but quite a large number of my best of friends have passed away along the way also which have been making it exceedinly difficult to move on and get my life started. I want to be in the army, more then anything, and up to now, ive been waiting for my civy life to become more positive before making any huge military career moves... The military has sent 3 letters to the postal office, which i have not picked up, knowing whats inside them.

But i want to change now, ive taken councelling, I've had, so long, to think about it, and i feel that getting into good terms with the army again will take this paranoia and stress off my back...the thing is i dont know if ive dug myself a hole i cant get out of, im sure im blacklisted already, im sure my unit hates me and ive givin them countless paperwork, but i realize now that moping and avoiding problems isnt gonna solve anything u know? I am still fairly depressed, however, ive come to realize that and tackle it.i know i F***ed up bad, and i know i caused unessicary problems for myself and others, but i want to fix it now, im 19 now not 16 when i signed, not a huge change of age but enough to realize the trouble im getting myself into...please message me back with a serious reply

Graphidi,

Those three letters are probably the ones sent to you by the unit Orderly Room informing you of your release from the Reserves.  What you need to do is go into the unit and make arrangements to hand in your clothing and equipment, and possibly your release article can be changed to a more favourable one.  You do not want to ignore this any longer, because the system will hold you financially responsible for all of the kit.  And if you don't do it soon, your unit will no longer have any paperwork on you, and the account will eventually wind up with a collection agency (which will not take your sleeping bag in lieu of cash).

Well, considering the state of the forces today and the dire need they have for troops, why don't you be a man, pick up your fricking mail and confront your past head on.

Maybe in doing so, you will impress your superiors to the point wherein they will give you another opportunity or at least a recomendation for regular forces service. One thing is certain, sitting home on your ass doing squat is not going to rectify the situation!

Back