• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hybrid Chi-Com Rifle -pic

1feral1

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Apparently this is a Chi-Com Type 81-1 rifle, but in the pic (which is reveresed - hence no ejection port, or safety on the 'normal side' and the quality of the pic is poor) it really had me wondering, and I was just about to place a WTF is this post on here as I could not find anything on the INet until the last minute, so thought I'd post anyways. Oh and this is what happens to drug traffickers in the PRC. No hearing protection on the guards either.

More on the rifle here http://world.guns.ru/assault/as71-e.htm

Imagine the size of the op rod on this beast. They say an export version exists, if so, I dont think any SA versions. I had ran into Type 56-1's in 5.56mm, yes and with under folding spike bayonets too. CA's (not SA commercials) about 25 yrs ago, apparently contract overuns for Nigeria.

I do not know what vintage this pic is, but the rifle says 1980's is when it first appeared, and who knows what happened to them in their service life since, perhaps ending up in police hands (if these are police)

Here is another pic...

The rifle appears to have a bit of everything in it, a bit of Type 63, SKS, and AKM/AK-47, likeĀ  a Heinz 57 type.

Any thoughts?

Back