• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How to write a memo to unit about CT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elminister

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all,

I want to know if anyone know how to write a memo about requesting a CT. I have no idea who to address it to normally I just put my Det Comm on there, so I'm not sure if I do the same for a CT request. If anyone can shed some light on this for me I would really appreciate it.

Kinacanucks can feel free to correct me here, from what I was told by a pair of reg force recruiters who were at my college recently the CT process is now quite different.  You no longer send a memo up the chain, rather you just go the nearest CFRC and put in an application to CT.  They will send the requisite paperwork to your unit CO who has 14 days to sign off on it.  If they don't hear from him in 14 days they assume he has no objections and they continue moving you throught the process.  You can if you wish give you CofC a memo letting them know what you doing and asking for their support, but they have little say in the matter now.

Use the military writing format.  Discuss the situation with your supervisor.  Ref that conversation.  Para 1 state your request eg I req to CT from course XXX.  Para 2.  My req is for the fol reasons:  sub para a, sub para b, etc.  Para 3.  Your support of this request will enable me to ...

Keep your memo simple, to the point, and accurate.  ABC  accuracy, brevity, concise.  The first step will indicate to whom you address the memo.  it should be the course officer or the course officer thru the senior instructor. 

Hatchet Man said:
You no longer send a memo up the chain, rather you just go the nearest CFRC and put in an application to CT.  
This is exactly what one of my spring B class call-outs did while he worked for me....and it worked for him he is now posted to....fairer places!!

SHF said:
Use the military writing format.   Discuss the situation with your supervisor.   Ref that conversation.   Para 1 state your request eg I req to CT from course XXX.   Para 2.   My req is for the fol reasons:   sub para a, sub para b, etc.   Para 3.   Your support of this request will enable me to ...

Keep your memo simple, to the point, and accurate.   ABC   accuracy, brevity, concise.   The first step will indicate to whom you address the memo.   it should be the course officer or the course officer thru the senior instructor.  

I believe that elminister was enquiring about a memo regarding a "Component Transfer", not one regarding "Ceasation of Training".  Just my guess as this is the board dealing with occupation/component transfers.  Like I said, from the info I have been told, a memo to your chain is no longer required to make a component transfer.

armyvern said:
This is exactly what one of my spring B class call-outs did while he worked for me....and it worked for him he is now posted to....fairer places!!

good to know that the new process works.  It could have really helped one guy in my unit whose transfer was held up for close to a year by the RSM and CO.

Hatchet Man said:
good to know that the new process works.   It could have really helped one guy in my unit whose transfer was held up for close to a year by the RSM and CO.
Well, it probably helped that I hasseled (and so did recruiting) his Home Unit to get his file in....every day until it appeared!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back