• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How long do transfers take?

greyman556

Inactive
Reaction score
I am considering transfering from 31 CER to 4 RCR if i can't get a ride from london to st thomas, who do i call, and how long will it take.

I picked up my kit yesterday and havent started BMQ yet.

greyman556 said:
I am considering transfering from 31 CER to 4 RCR if i can't get a ride from london to st thomas, who do i call, and how long will it take.

That could take quite a while.  Have you put feelers out to 4 RCR to see if they will take you?  Have you put a Memo in through your Chain of Command to request a VOT?  Have you picked up the VOT forms and filled out your "Self Assessment" and the upper portion of the form that must be completed by your Chain of Command?  Have you had a PSO Appt. to determine if you are suitable for a VOT?  Once all that is done, then you have to have all your documents transfered to LFCA and then to 4 RCR.  In the meantime you will also have to get authority to train with 4 RCR from 31 CER and LFCA or you won't get paid.  After the G1 at LFCA sends a message out that permits you to become a member of 1 RCR; it is then that you will become one.

im getting tired of all of this waiting and form filling, i think im just going to quit.
the reserves are too unorganized and non-informant.
how many forms do i have to fill out to quit?

I had one that took 8 months to finalize, from one reserve infantry regiment to another.  It was even denied once for taking so long at the brigade level.  I paraded with the new unit, getting paid by the old brigade for the whole time.  It finally went through, however, my old residence still receives numerous calls regarding my whereabouts.  Id love to have the old unit try to put me on NES.  Point being, it can take a damn long time.  I hope you have better luck with yours than I did mine.

greyman556 said:
im getting tired of all of this waiting and form filling, i think im just going to quit.

You will have to do a Memorandum up, requesting Release.  You will have as many documents to sign, as you did when you joined. 

Why did you join in the first place?

Mcdonald's only has one form.

[Mcdonald's only has one form.
[/quote]

Is that his home unit? I have never seen a Reg. crest for the "fightin' macdonalds".
I hope it's not a slag against minimum wage workers.....or young/ uninformed folks that are trying to get into the CF.

Hammer Sandwich said:
I hope it's not a slag against minimum wage workers.....or young/ uninformed folks that are trying to get into the CF.

::)

Why dont you just think about it a little while longer, what he meant might come to you.......Get off your high horse while you are at it.

CDN Aviator said:
::)

Why dont you just think about it a little while longer, what he meant might come to you.......Get off your high horse while you are at it.

Wow...you guys have made fair game of someone who's trying to stick up for people who are asking questions before they go through CoC.

I'm really surprised that I have been told twice to "stop the attitude", and "get off your high horse."
I'm one one the guys that asked all sorts of "stupid" questions through my CoC. I always got an answer, but a snarky response. So...I started coming here with questions...and found what I was looking for before I bugged someone else.IMHO, a forum like this should be the place where people can ask stupid questions....without getting jacked up. If the directing staff is tired of answering stupid questions........stop frequenting places where some stupid/misinformed people go to ask questions.

Hammer Sandwich said:
If the directing staff is tired of answering stupid questions........stop frequenting places where some stupid/misinformed people go to ask questions.

I don't think the McDonalds comment was meant for the original question about transferring units, but regarding this statement:

greyman556 said:

In other words, go seek employment somewhere that has less paperwork.

greyman556 said:

I realize you are not trained at all yet, but in the CF we have many policies and regulations.  For what you want to do, you should familiarize yourself with the CFAO (Canadian Forces Administration Order) that governs unit transfers and occupation transfers in the Primary Reserve, as well as any Army, Area, Brigade and Unit regulations.  As a starting point you should read and understand CFA0 49-11 Terms of Service Non-Commissioned Members Primary Reserves (Internet Link).  In particular, make sure you read Annex's B and C of this CFAO.  For unit/Brigade/Area policy, you will need to speak to your unit.  But as untrained Private, your unit isn't going to leave you hanging, you'll get all the help you need. 

Find out who you report to in your unit;  tell them what your situation is.  If you don't know where to start, go to the Orderly Room at your unit.  If you need to do a unit transfer and/or change trades, your Master Corporal or Sergeant, etc, should be there to help you do all the necessary things to make this happen, or to assist, etc.  There are people who are in HeadQuarters and units looking after things like this every day.  They will know what form, and what memo, etc needs to be done. 

Now, as for your comments on "maybe I'll just quit".  Come on, every job has paperwork, policies and things like that.  Get used to it, its the real world.  But, if you decide to just get out, my above advice stands, at which time you should read Annex D of the CFAO above for info on Releases.

I'd be careful, though, about labelling the Reserves as unorganized etc.  Just because it doesn't center itself around your individual needs makes it like every other part of the military.  YOU are supposed to be serving the in the military, NOT the military serving you. 

I thought twice about posting the regulation for you, and telling you where to start, but you ARE an untrained Pte in the CF and as a NCO, its my job to help you, look after you.  Your NCOs will help you too, but if you go in with a shi**y attitude, you won't get much more than token help. 

greyman556 said:

At many times it may seem unorganized, and often times it is. But "Eye in the Sky" is bang on with his post. In terms of the administrative side to the military, the ball is largely in your court.

If you want something, be persistent. An "I give up" attitude won't get you anywhere.

Remember, its often the squeaky wheel that gets the grease...

Good luck.

I have been waiting for almost a yr now started all my paper work feb 2008 and still waiting

Roy~Dawg said:
I have been waiting for almost a yr now started all my paper work feb 2008 and still waiting

Roy Dawg... remember that "other thread" where you were discussing this very subject.... where Menion gave you the following reply:

Board sits end of Nov, and the results won't be known until maybe March
We are currently in January.... you still have a bit of time to wait.

ohh Geo Thanks for reminding me  ::).... I was only answering greyman556's thread ;)

Back