• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How high on the apitiude test do you have to get to become a vehicle tech?

Rcmpwarrior

Inactive
Reaction score
I already took the aptitude test for the reserves, and i got 1) Mobile support, 2) infantry 3) cook ( i believe that's what they were just looking for at the time off my application), but i want to be a vehicle tech in  the reg forces, they said that before i write the next app test i'll have to prove to them that im ready.  im just wondering if any one knows the minimum for a veh tech

The aptitude test(CFAT) is the same test for both Reserve and Regular Force.

You won't find out what each trades scoring is.  Even if you did how would that help you?  Study what you need to work on,  and do better on your next test.

I don't know,  IMO you should search the forums,  I'm pretty sure the answer is on here somewhere
or
Ask the CFRC
or
Wait on it and keep checking back here in the hope someone who does know will see this thread and post in it.

Tyler, did they tell you that you don't qualify for Vehicle tech?

You should have got a piece of paper with a bunch of stuff you qualified for.  You probably wouldn't be able to make heads or tails of everything but one of us could help.

ObedientiaZelum said:
Tyler, did they tell you that you don't qualify for Vehicle tech?

You should have got a piece of paper with a bunch of stuff you qualified for.  You probably wouldn't be able to make heads or tails of everything but one of us could help.

They only told me what i qualified for they didn't show me anything,

Okay but when they told you what you qualified for did they only tell you that you qualified  for the 3 things you mentioned in your first post or did they list off a bunch of trades like infantry armored artillery medic clerk mechanic technician pilot etc.. 

Go see a CFRC. What you are doing in this thread is pointless.

That's it, that's all.

ObedientiaZelum said:
Okay but when they told you what you qualified for did they only tell you that you qualified  for the 3 things you mentioned in your first post or did they list off a bunch of trades like infantry armored artillery medic clerk mechanic technician pilot etc..

When I did my aptitude, it was the same....I was qualified for all three that I applied for. 

Did I qualify for others?  I have no clue - I'd have to check with the CFRC about that.

Which, Tyler, is what you should do.  Call and let them know you'd like to find out what all the different trades are that you qualified for.

RDJP said:
When I did my aptitude, it was the same....I was qualified for all three that I applied for. 

Did I qualify for others?  I have no clue - I'd have to check with the CFRC about that.

Which, Tyler, is what you should do.  Call and let them know you'd like to find out what all the different trades are that you qualified for.

Thanks! i re-applied for the reserves as a cook for the time being so i have to go back down to the office at the end of the month anyways to see where my application is and to see when i can write my aptitude test for the reg force.

Good idea. And good luck.

Just FYI, in the Infantry you get to cook (rations) ALL the time.  Just food for thought  ;)

ObedientiaZelum said:
Good idea. And good luck.

Just FYI, in the Infantry you get to cook (rations) ALL the time.  Just food for thought  ;)

This brings me to my other deli ma, i have v4 vision so i couldn't get into the infantry ;( but i believe that veh tech has a minimum of v4

Tyler H said:
This brings me to my other deli ma, i have v4 vision so i couldn't get into the infantry ;( but i believe that veh tech has a minimum of v4

Yes,  Veh Tech minimum vision is V4
ref
http://www.forces.gc.ca/health-sante/pd/CFP-PFC-154/AN-E-eng.asp

Also,  it's dilemma not deli ma

Like Cdn Aviator said,  knowing the minimum standard won't help you at all.  If you didn't qualify the first time you took the test,  study more and work on what you didn't do well in.  Wasting time trying to figure out CFAT scores you need for the trade isn't going to benefit you,  but studying will.  Stop over thinking and just practice what you did poor on.

-Skeletor- said:
Yes,  Veh Tech minimum vision is V4
ref
http://www.forces.gc.ca/health-sante/pd/CFP-PFC-154/AN-E-eng.asp

Also,  it's dilemma not deli ma

Thanks again grammar wasn't my best subject

Back