• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Holk's Hi-Jack, split from Re: National Strategy for Victory in Iraq

excuse me mate,

I would appreciate that you would look at your self and comments, with your insults, you are trying to goad us into a "war".

You want to be mouthy here, then expect some of us to respond.  Want to take jabs get ready for the same in return.  Some of us have done more than 5 years in cadets, and have had to be put on a  medical after the sacrifices we have given, and then be denied our service.  We come here to feel the comraderie, not the insults from the likes of you.

Don't like it, then sling your ruck.

dileas

tess

Holk said:
I'll be an asshole all I want here,thank you very much.

No, I'm afraid you won't sunshine.

You don't get to decide how you act in Mr Bobbitt's house. The others may enjoy sparring with you, but I'm staying out and impartial while I watch. You will not do whatever you want here, that is not your prerogative. Try it and you'll be gone. Read the guidelines. I could've shut you down earlier, but didn't. This is your only warning. Be very careful how you choose your words.

I came here to discuss about the Iraq situation and got insulted.

What the FUCK am I suppose to do?
Just be polite and smile?
And agree with the rest of the nonthinking herd?

Likes of me?
Go take a fucking long walk off a short pier.

It's an open site I can post here all I like,or are you all going to be like the pussies at "Free Dominion"and not allow me to express an different opinion.

Damn... beat me to it :mad: Nice misdirection Bruce. Get me answering you in another thread while you sneak back here and steal my thunder. Well, I'll get you and your little dog too. EEEEEHHHEEEEEEHHEEEE

Well, that certainly was an exeunt with a flourish.  Anyways, I wanted to comment on something that was thrown out before the meltdown that underscores the lack of logic in the argument to pull out of Iraq right away.  I know there will be no response, but others can hear it out if they would like.

Holk said:
Afghanistan can't be allowed to be run by the Taliban again,or it could again be used as a training and operating facilty for Al Qaeda once again.

So, we need to stay in Afghanistan to prevent a radical regime from taking over and providing a breeding ground for Al Qa'ida?  Has it never occured to you that leaving Iraq would lead to the same?  The pullout of the Soviet Union from Afghanistan was only the beginning of the problems there and I have no doubt that a vacuum in Iraq would be the same.  Look at the Insurgency and how it metasticized in April of 2004 - if there wasn't 150,000 US and Coalition soldiers (mostly US and Brits, the others clammed up when things went south) on the ground at that time, things would have went sour quick.  Look at the anatomy of Fallujah and imagine that happening in other Iraqi cities; Fallujah replete with foreign fighters, bomb factories, beheadings and torture of other Iraqis who supported the new developing state.  The call for a radical uprising was flowing its way to Baghdad when the US intervened in Al Anbar province in mid-2004.  Without US support, I remain confident that a conflagration similar to the uprising in 2004 would lead to chaos, civil war, and the conditions which would grant Al Qa'ida and other Salafist organizations a new safe haven.

Instability could be the worst thing to happen in Iraq, as it will reduce our influence and increase that of groups like Al Qa'ida (who are closer in Iraq to their spiritual homes of Egypt and Saudi Arabia).  Instability is something we need a strong Western presence to prevent (although a strategy to do so remains unclear) as forces of history in the region are working to promote an undesirable series of events (as I mentioned here).  Some other professionals are discussing this here right now; it shows how fragile the Iraqi State is right now and what would most likely go down if the US left.

To imply that this conflict is simply based upon rage at the US is wrong, IMHO.  If it is, then how do explain things like this?
- Top UN envoy killed in Baghdad blast
- Bombs hit pilgrim route in Iraq
- Iraq attacks kill seven policemen
- 'Al-Qaeda' claims Jordan attacks

This is just a taste of what was dug up on BBC, but you can see that your obvious anti-American slant is leading you to ignore evidence that points to much of the intercine violence in the region is more then just "freedom fighting Iraqis against the American occupier".  American presence plays a large part in generating unrest in the region but that presence will, I believe, also play a decisive part in eliminating the threats to us that emmanate from the area.  To imply that the US should pull out of Iraq and leave the above problems to a brand new pluralist government is simply foolish.

Too bad you decided to eat your shoe instead of figuring out how to play nice on these forums as I would have been interested in seeing you wish away these other problems with your single-minded (and misplaced) anti-Americanism.

Piper said:
The US was not openly hated and threatened by sovereign nations in the Middle East before Iraq (I say openly for a reason).

Uhh...were did you ever get that idea???  Look up embassy attacks.  Not just the famous one in Iran, but look at Pakistan and Lebanon as well.  Khobar Towers?  The Marines in Beirut?  A big hate-on for the US has been going (and growing) since Khomeini took the stage (or, going further back, since Israel started kicking butt).

There are a lot of factors at work here, but I will stick with the foreign support theory.

Iran wants to become a regional hegemon, export their version of the Islamic Revolution and use control of the region's oil to put a strangle hold on the economies of the West using nuclear weapons to secure their position.

The Ba'athists (Syria and former Iraq) were looking for a more modest secular dictatorship, but also have designs on the greater region, securing resources and oil wealth (a la Lebanon and Kuwait) to put a strangle hold on the economies of the West using nuclear weapons to secure their position.

Saudi Arabia is the home of the Salafist movement, and the House of Saud has used its vast oil wealth to buy off the Salafists, allowing them to spread throughout the world. The Salafists also want to establish a regional hegemony, control the oil etc.

The three regimes are united in two things; that Western civilization offers powerful attractions and expectations to their populations which they cannot match or meet (causing social unrest which threatens their hold on the nation and perhaps region), and; the United States alone of all nations can prevent them from reaching their goals. This explains the flow of arms and Jihadis into Iraq, they MUST crush any liberal democracy and market economy in their midst (see Israel), and they must attempt to break the will of the American people and get the American forces out of the Middle East, opening the way for their designs. (The fact this will lead to a regional war is unimportant to them, I am sure each faction believes they have the jump on the others, and will be able to make their move before the others can consolodate their positions).

Exporting democracy and market economies, and supporting local movements like the Cedar revolution in Lebanon are the long term strategies to secure the victory gained in OIF.

Piper said:
What I meant was the GOVERNMENTS starting to become much more open and vocal in their anti-Americanism (i.e. Iran, they did express their 'feelings' before, but I seem to be noticing a more 'in your face and screw the consequences' approach being taken to voicing their views).

I'm still not sure where you are getting this idea.  Holding US citizens hostage on the world stage seems to be "in your face and screw the consequences".  Middle Eastern governments have usually been pretty anti-American; if for anything during the Cold War because they were funded by the Soviets.  Look up Khadaffi, Syria's state funding of terrorists, Nasirist anti-Westernism in Egypt, and a general hard-on for America due to its support of Israel.

Piper said:
What I meant was the GOVERNMENTS starting to become much more open and vocal in their anti-Americanism (i.e. Iran, they did express their 'feelings' before, but I seem to be noticing a more 'in your face and screw the consequences' approach being taken to voicing their views).

The only thing that's changed is that they (and their views) are getting much more coverage in western media.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4580412.stm

Just a further sign that the violence in Iraq isn't simply an "anti-US" affair.  In the last week there has been 420 incidents throughout Iraq which have caused over 200 casualties.

Back