• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

High resting Heart rate and my Medical/physical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary D. in SK

Inactive
Reaction score
evening gents,  I just did part 1 of my medical today (the WO was sick and had to re-schedule part two for next week).  The medic did mention my resting heart rate was kind of high, admittedly I was rushing to not be late for the appointment, but the heart rate monitor I bought today is confirming my rate at rest to be about 84.  Yes I am out of shape and over weight, I admit that and that is the heart of the problem no doubt.  I have begun training in earnest, and I have no doubts of my ability to be ready come BMQ (I'm told expect at least a month or two before I see an offer for trade selection, as it is a national selection trade), it's just cardio that is my problem. as there was no other problems with my medical, and aside from being overweight, there should be nothing in the part two physical that should prevent my enrollment (no family heart disease, etc.).  I guess I'm wondering if this is something that could prevent my acceptance.  I did extremely well on my CFAT and interview and am recommended for all trades, I'm just afraid of losing this opportunity due to being out of shape.
I took the advice to submit my application before I felt I was physically back in proper shape, and now I'm afraid it's going to haunt me.

If it's only 84, it's still within normal limits for an adult.  100 + on the other hand...

MM

Please search, and read, the myriad of threads already posted on the subject and genre.

While doing so, please have a look at the Site Guidelines also.

Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back