• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

High Ranking Police Folk Allegedly Behaving Badly

im sure the O Dots are trying to get rid of him, but that can take years if he and his lawyer fight it tooth and nail and all the way, why......to keep getting paid as long as possible. so ya. something better is required, but will need certain provisions to ensure cops charged criminally for doing their jobs dont lose their houses vs. this guy who should have been had his pay held back on conviction for trafficking.

Media release from the Commissioner.

Not for lack of trying.

(sorry - it's a copy/paste from FB. I'm not much of a techy)

339119783_730320231861493_6961558795251045806_n.jpg

338547352_3027840337524905_6215289307751510848_n.jpg

Media release from the Commissioner.

Not for lack of trying.

(sorry - it's a copy/paste from FB. I'm not much of a techy)

339119783_730320231861493_6961558795251045806_n.jpg

338547352_3027840337524905_6215289307751510848_n.jpg
Bloody hell, 17 more charges including agg assault and assault with a weapon, and multiple other victims? Ugh.

I do appreciate the OPP commissioner offering that increased clarity on what’s been going on. Sounds like the backlog for firing is in the hands of the courts.

It's probably time some of these rules get updated.
Some of it is rules; some of it is process. Even if the rules get changed like the new (unproclaimed) Act were to be passed, people will still use the process to their best advantage.

Maybe courts need to send cops to jail when they traffic drugs. Any term of imprisonment would have allowed the cancellation of pay.
I agree. There are all sorts of actions that can be born of bad decisions, stress at home, addiction, you name it. Drug trafficking is in the 'other' category.

Unbelievable!!! :mad:

OPP officer found guilty of sexually assaulting unconscious woman and filming it

Redmond was previously convicted of drug trafficking in 2018 but received only one year of probation and no jail time. He has been on paid leave from the OPP since he was charged in that case in 2015.

Redmond's name was included on the 2021 Ontario Sunshine List, which is annually published by the province and publicly discloses the names of all public sector employees who earned $100,000 or more.

According to the list, Redmond made $121,047.96 that year.

Unbelievable!!! :mad:

OPP officer found guilty of sexually assaulting unconscious woman and filming it

Redmond was previously convicted of drug trafficking in 2018 but received only one year of probation and no jail time. He has been on paid leave from the OPP since he was charged in that case in 2015.

Redmond's name was included on the 2021 Ontario Sunshine List, which is annually published by the province and publicly discloses the names of all public sector employees who earned $100,000 or more.

According to the list, Redmond made $121,047.96 that year.
Yup, see @lenaitch ’s post yesterday with the statement from the OPP. They’ve been trying to shitcan him for quite some time but it’s plugged up in court. The OPP also proactively revealed that he has a bunch more charges out against him.

Apparently the gentlemen in question couldn't decide whether to become a cop or a crook. So he compromised and did both ?
Oh right , allegedly.
This is just astonishing .

Not allegedly. He has been convicted in a court of law; but the sanctions were not sufficient to permit him to be placed on leave without pay.

He is a convicted criminal, but that in and of itself does not disqualify him from being a police officer in Ontario.

Yup, see @lenaitch ’s post yesterday with the statement from the OPP. They’ve been trying to shitcan him for quite some time but it’s plugged up in court. The OPP also proactively revealed that he has a bunch more charges out against him.

Whoops, guess I should have looked before posting.

Not allegedly. He has been convicted in a court of law; but the sanctions were not sufficient to permit him to be placed on leave without pay.

He is a convicted criminal, but that in and of itself does not disqualify him from being a police officer in Ontario.
There was a time, back in the '70s or early '80s if I recall correctly, where the was (semi) serious discussion around how someone with a criminal record could be a benefit to the delivery of police services. Of course, that was also around the same time that it was being proposed that slacks and blazer would be an appropriate, less threatening, uniform.

It was a different time.

If I was king of the world, you wouldn't be able to get a degree in criminology without time in harness.

Of course, that was also around the same time that it was being proposed that slacks and blazer would be an appropriate, less threatening, uniform.

Gag.

I like the Adam-12 uniform. And black and white cars.

Hang the traitorous, drug dealing, rapist who had the audacity to do so as a police officer.

Punishments for police breaking the law should be substantially harsher than the average citizen due to the degree of trust society puts in them. The fact this piece of human garbage still has his job is a disgrace of the highest caliber.

Hang the traitorous, drug dealing, rapist who had the audacity to do so as a police officer.

Punishments for police breaking the law should be substantially harsher than the average citizen due to the degree of trust society puts in them. The fact this piece of human garbage still has his job is a disgrace of the highest caliber.

This one falls squarely on the provincial government. The law was changed in 2019 to allow police to be suspended without pay earlier than criminal conviction and incarceration, but subject to provincial regulations. The province has yet to approve the necessary regulations to give police services in Ontario this power. There’s no reason they couldn’t have a couple of times over by now.

I wonder if this will lead to a wider discussion about drinking establishments in publicly paid for spaces. Messes etc.
The OPP used to have one and I know the old RCMP 'O' Division on Jarvis had one. Given the climate these days, I'm actually surprised if Toronto's has survived intact as a 'mess-like' facility, but I don't know how they operate. I know the OPP's was downgraded to an event space several years ago for hosting visiting dignitaries, etc. under a Special Occasion Permit if needed.

PS: He's not the "head of the Toronto Police Service".

The OPP used to have one and I know the old RCMP 'O' Division on Jarvis had one. Given the climate these days, I'm actually surprised if Toronto's has survived intact as a 'mess-like' facility, but I don't know how they operate. I know the OPP's was downgraded to an event space several years ago for hosting visiting dignitaries, etc. under a Special Occasion Permit if needed.

PS: He's not the "head of the Toronto Police Service".
The Ottawa Police Association has theirs off site from the workplace; their association building is just down the street from their downtown headquarters. The RCMP headquarters in Barrhaven still had one serving in the building a few years ago when my regiment’s Sgt&WOs would do the rounds of messes for New Years Levee.

Back