• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hans Zimmer

Sh0rtbUs

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
this definatly belongs in the "off-topic" forum..

I was just wondering if any of you guys listen to his work, or even know who he is?

After seeing Black Hawk Down, I began to enjoy that mellow symphony type of stuff, best fit for war movies.

He did the music for Black Hawk Down, Thin Red line, Pearl Harbour and Tears of the Sun just to name a few.

I was also wondering if anyone had any suggestions for me if I wanted to find some more work (not necessarily Zimmer) along the the lines of "Stone in my Heart - Hans Zimmer" or "Leave no man behind - Hans Zimmer"

I like his stuff to especially Backdraft and Crimson Tide. Powerful, militaristic, but not overpowering like John Williams (Star Wars, Superman, Jurassic Park)

www.hanszimmer.info

Hans Zimmer is an amazing sound artist. he did all of the Lord of the Rings music.... simply stunning stuff he has there.

Um.. ah... no that was Howard Shore. Un less you talking about the old BBC Lord of the Rings. ;)

BROKEN ARROW and the ROCK music. I can put in on my FTP if you‘d like to download it.

(Just don‘t tell the RIAA!)

http://justin.playsource.net/Hans/index.html

there ya go.

Originally posted by cheeky_monkey:
[qb] Um.. ah... no that was Howard Shore. Un less you talking about the old BBC Lord of the Rings. ;) [/qb]
oh that‘s right... hmm... well howard shore rules too.

I like Hans Zimmer‘s military music... very good indeed.

Hey thanks nULL...I remember he made all the music for the Japanese TV show Iron Chef...pretty good stuff...

But Wagner (Die Walküre) and Holst (The Planets - Mars - Bringer of War) will always hold a very warm place in my heart. Yes I have no imagination.

actually NBK, the music from Iron Chef is the Theme music from Backdraft (which he did compose)

Back