• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

Trudeau is just trying to save the Toronto vote.

At the expense of these ridings?

List of federal electoral districts with a Jewish population over 1%​

Federal Electoral DistrictsJewish Population (High Estimated %)
Thornhill29.5
Mount Royal21.3
Eglinton–Lawrence16.5
York Centre14.0
Toronto–St. Paul's10.9
Outremont9.1
Notre-Dame-de-Grâce–Westmount7.8
Winnipeg South Centre6.9
Pierrefonds–Dollard6.6
Don Valley West6.3
University–Rosedale5.7
Saint-Laurent5.3
Willowdale4.7
Richmond Hill4.5

At the expense of these ridings?

List of federal electoral districts with a Jewish population over 1%​

Federal Electoral DistrictsJewish Population (High Estimated %)
Thornhill29.5
Mount Royal21.3
Eglinton–Lawrence16.5
York Centre14.0
Toronto–St. Paul's10.9
Outremont9.1
Notre-Dame-de-Grâce–Westmount7.8
Winnipeg South Centre6.9
Pierrefonds–Dollard6.6
Don Valley West6.3
University–Rosedale5.7
Saint-Laurent5.3
Willowdale4.7
Richmond Hill4.5

What does the estimation of Arab votes look like?

What does the estimation of Arab votes look like?
Can't find anything more recent (yet) than 2001, but not surprisingly, they all live in Montreal and Toronto:

"Over half of all Canadians of Arab origin live in either Montreal or Toronto; in fact, the largest Arabcommunity in Canada resides in Montreal. In 2001, close to 125,000 people of Arab descent, 36%of the total Arab population in Canada, lived in Montreal, while another 72,000, 21% of the total,resided in Toronto. That year, people of Arab descent made up 4% of the population of Montreal,while they also made up 4% of the population of Ottawa. At the same time, people with Araborigins made up 2% of the populations of both Toronto and Halifax and 1% of those in both Calgaryand Edmonton"

This article from 2017 gives some info on ridings with high immigrant populations.

Attachments

• 1697857174335.png
    1697857174335.png
    275.2 KB · Views: 11
A couple of updates on the air threat to Israel from its enemies and how the US is helping:

Strangely enough I could only find Jewish estimates on the Federal Election site.
Yeah it's weird, I looked and couldn't really find anything either.

The 2021 census shows Toronto (not GTA) with 74,080 individuals reporting their ethnic or cultural origin as Jewish, and 99,390 reporting it as their religion.

In 2019 Statistics Canada said Ontario is home to 55.2% of the Muslim population, with the roughly 582,000 Muslims living in Ontario representing 4.6%of the province's population. Toronto had the largest population of Muslim people of any city according to the census, at 424,900. A 2021 Census indicated 9.6% of the GTA population is Muslim. In 2021 the GTA population was 6.2 million people. So almost 600,000?

Understanding Arab identity is strongly affiliated with Islam but not inseparable, I think it's understandable why a struggling Trudeau was quick to insinuate Israel was guilty of hitting that hospital and so slow to point out it's a Hamas rocket.

A couple of updates on the air threat to Israel from its enemies and how the US is helping:

it says that they used the SM-2. Is this the best use of missile? Do we need something cheaper for drones?

Not just drones. Iranian-built cruise missiles. Those are likely quite worth expending some SM-2s, I’d wager.
Fair enough on the cruise missiles and even drones that are going a 1000 km have to be substantial. I just wonder if there is a need for a cheaper munition. For close range the 20/30/40/57/127 should do the job but even something like CAMM/ER seems an expensive tradeoff plus there is a limited amount of loadouts ie in the CSC 24 CAMM and 24 MK41 although some of those could be quadpacked

Back