• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

Well Hamas, play stupid games...
Considering Israel has really been provoking them recently with their settlers what do you expect them to do?

People have the right to self defence. From what I have been seeing for the last couple years is a increasingly aggressive Israel attacking, brutalizing, harassing, and forcibly driving locals from their homes so the Israelis can build overtop of them. Mainly using the settlers themselves to do it and backing them up with the military should anything go south.

If I was a Palestinian in those areas I would want blood as well.

Considering Israel has really been provoking them recently with their settlers what do you expect them to do?

People have the right to self defence. From what I have been seeing for the last couple years is a increasingly aggressive Israel attacking, brutalizing, harassing, and forcibly driving locals from their homes so the Israelis can build overtop of them. Mainly using the settlers themselves to do it and backing them up with the military should anything go south.

It’s going to be a lot wider than just Hamas with the retribution that is coming.

The US has been successfully holding Israel back from pasting Iran, I don’t think we will be able (or want?) to hold them back any further.
If the Israelis even suspect Russia was involved in anyway I could see them helping the Ukrainians a lot more going forward.

From what I am seeing on the news there seems to have been a massive intelligence failure and that Hamas is getting more sophisticated in its coordination.

More on that from the Beeb:

"We have no idea how this could have happened."

That is the reaction Israeli officials have been giving today when I ask them how, with all its vast resources, Israeli intelligence did not see this attack coming.

Dozens of armed Palestinian gunmen were able to cross the heavily fortified border between Israel and the Gaza Strip, while thousands of rockets were fired from Gaza into Israel.

With the combined efforts of Shin Bet, Israeli domestic intelligence, Mossad, its external spy agency and all the assets of the Israel Defense Forces, it is frankly astounding that nobody saw this coming.

Or if they did, they failed to act on it.
Israel has arguably the most extensive and well-funded intelligence services in the Middle East.

It is Putin's Birthday today so who knows.
It’s also the 50yr anniversary of the beginning of the Yom Kipur War….

I’ve seen statements by the PM and Pierre Poilievre condemning the attacks against Israel and their right to defend themselves. Curious, has anyone seen an official statement by the leader of the NDP?

From the videos I've seen, for the Palestinians, this is more of a rape festival than anything else.

So I feel pretty safe remaining pro-Israel.

I don't think this has anything to do with Israel's behaviour, which has actually been warming up to its neighbours in recent years. For now it simply seems like the culmination of extensive prep work by Hamas, an organization of extremists who have long been dedicated to the total destruction of Israel.
It’s also the 50yr anniversary of the beginning of the Yom Kipur War….

I’ve seen statements by the PM and Pierre Poilievre condemning the attacks against Israel and their right to defend themselves. Curious, has anyone seen an official statement by the leader of the NDP?
Yes, he has.

Much later than PP and JT, though.
1696694339570.png
1696694370396.png

Attachments

• 1696694330243.png
    1696694330243.png
    28 KB · Views: 4
With the combined efforts of Shin Bet, Israeli domestic intelligence, Mossad, its external spy agency and all the assets of the Israel Defense Forces, it is frankly astounding that nobody saw this coming.

Maybe, maybe not. Easier to go scorched earth on Gaza and Iran when you're the one on the defensive.

I have to ask what is the game plan for Hamas here.

They know Israel is going to retaliate 10 fold if not more.

I do understand being oppressed they feel they must do something but will the cost be worth it at the end of the day

I do understand being oppressed they feel they must do something but will the cost be worth it at the end of the day

Well, with Hamas being a tool of Iran, one should probably ask what Iran's end game is in this case...

The UN reports that over the past 15 years the ratio is about 20:1 (fatalities) or 25:1 (injuries); so a 10 fold retaliation would mean Israel is stepping back.

Perhaps. Either way, this tactic won't win them any fans.

But I can probably be pretty safely labeled as pro Israel.

It's also going to make life hell for any West Bank Palestinian. Hamas could have opted to renounce its love affair with MB and worked with the Egyptians to ease tensions. Instead they just tossed another generation of Palestinians down the drain.

ISIS was dropping munitions from cheap UAVs on American bases in 2017.

It wasn't until Azerbaijan and Ukraine that it has come to be seen as a viable peer-on-peer tactic. In 2017 is was more of a propaganda effort. Pinpricks.

More on that from the Beeb:

"We have no idea how this could have happened."

That is the reaction Israeli officials have been giving today when I ask them how, with all its vast resources, Israeli intelligence did not see this attack coming.

Dozens of armed Palestinian gunmen were able to cross the heavily fortified border between Israel and the Gaza Strip, while thousands of rockets were fired from Gaza into Israel.

Or if they did, they failed to act on it.
Israel has arguably the most extensive and well-funded intelligence services in the Middle East.

Stuff happens category?

I remain convinced that nobody can know everything.

Back