• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Guards go stiff at Local Army Base

I find this surprising considering that the ROC Army/Guo Min Jun/Taiwan Army should have more than enough personnel to man even such guard posts, since all local men who reach a certain age are required to serve a certain number of years in the military. This system of conscription has been in place since the Chinese Nationalists retreated there and the threat of mainland Chinese invasion to the island nation is as real today as it was in 1949.

I really doubt that the guard just left to "take a leak".

CougarDaddy said:
I find this surprising considering that the ROC Army/Guo Min Jun/Taiwan Army should have more than enough personnel to man even such guard posts, since all local men who reach a certain age are required to serve a certain number of years in the military. This system of conscription has been in place since the Chinese Nationalists retreated there and the threat of mainland Chinese invasion to the island nation is as real today as it was in 1949.

I really doubt that the guard just left to "take a leak".

Not true anymore. There's something called "in lieu of" Service, where you serve in the Ambulance, Police, or Fire fighting services instead of the Military. Term of service is longer, but most TW men are weak anyways... I was rather disappointed to see the caliber of troops being turned out...

Back