• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

GLITCH . ¦nbsp;

George Wallace

Army.ca Dinosaur
Inactive
Reaction score
I and others have noticed, or run into, the problem of a glitch in the Programming.  It is:  . ¦nbsp;

I know it happens quite often when you edit a post.  I have even edited it out when I found it, only to find that it shows up in two or three other locations of that post being edited after I save.  Is it the 'code' for double spacing, or something similar, becoming visible in the text being viewed (a code that should otherwise be hidden from 'normal' view)?

Any solutions that can solve the problem?

It might be something that happens when CSIS is watching....:nbsp; ::)

I can verify that it is in fact the code for spacing...&nbsp is used in HTML coding.

As for why it's showing up, I can't help.

I've talked to the forum developers and it appears to be a somewhat complicated problem. The database currently uses UTF-8 for it's collation, but latin-1 is recommended. I'm hesitant to convert it because I don't yet know the repercussions, so this seems the lesser of two (potential) evils at the moment.

If none of that made sense, you understand my hesitation. ;)

Cheers
Mike

Does this involve an program upgrade or a total conversion to a different program?

It involves converting the existing database, which would potentially affect all existing posts. I'd hate to see all the accents in the French forum go wonky (for example) as a result of the conversion, so I need to do some testing first.

Mike

I notice a lot more "Codex" showing up in posts lately.  Is this a result of old programs and new being incompatible, or a result of some of your Beta Testing?

Codex? Not sure what you mean, but I'd bet it's nothing intentional. ;)

As many have noticed:  "  . ¦nbsp;  " has a nasty habit of showing up in your post after you have come back to make a correction or edit your post.  I have found a solution.

When you have made your correction/edit and finished with SpellCheck and all and are now happy with your Post:

1.    Right click and then "Select All" (highlighting your complete Post);

2.    Right click again and "CUT";

3.    Then hit "Preview".  You will get the following Error Message in your Preview window:

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
The message body was left empty.

4.    "Paste" your Post into the box again; and

5.    "SAVE"

Hope that helps some of you get rid of the glitch.

Back