• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Getting in the CF*question, finding info for somone*

D

DnA

he‘s a meti indian, not regustured, 16 years old, 17 on Oct9,2003

only has 3 grade 10 credits(failed grade 10 last year, repeating it now)

anyway for him to make it into the army with only 3 credits? or does he need to wait till he passes grade 10

thanks for the info

A little research and digging at the official source never hurts DnA.

Here‘s what the CF Recruiting site says:

http://www.recruiting.forces.gc.ca/html/contact_us/apply_now.html

- To be eligible to apply to the Canadian Forces you must be a Canadian citizen. If you have Permanent/Landed Immigrant Status you may apply for a position in the Reserves.
- The minimum age to be enrolled into most of our programs is 17. However you may apply for the Regular Officer Training Plan -- ROTP (Junior Program) and the Reserves at 16. For the Cadet Instructor Cadre (CIC) the minimum age is 18.
- The minimum education required is grade 10 complete as described by your province. However some occupations or entry programs in the Regular Force or the Reserves, will require a high school or CEGEP/community college diploma or even a university degree. If in doubt you may ask a Recruiter.
-You must be free of any obligation to the judicial system.
-You must meet our medical and physical fitness standards.

Your friend needs to ask himself what he wants. If he‘s not doing well at school he needs to figure out why, the military is about school and books too. Army is a great place to find ourself and push your limits, but before you join you do need to do some soul searching.

I know it‘s hard to see when you 16-17 but high school is important; not having it keeps you out of lot of things. I think your friend should take the year get his grade 10, and maybe join the reserves. And most importantly stay in school!!!

If your buddy is determinded to get into the CF he will need a full grade 10 education. More is better..Always is.
Did he fail Grade 10 because he didnt want to do it, or was he poor at school work?
I know i had crappy marks in highschool primareily cause i just didnt want to be there. if he is the same as me, then i understand where he is coming from. My best suggestion for him is to stay inschool. Getting into the army with mininum requirments isnt really all its worth. You are kinda restricte to where u can go in army with just a grade 10.
I also suggest that if he wants a taste, then just tell him to stay in school, but join the reserves. Give it until he graduates highschool, and if he likes, go Reg or if not, then leave, but at least he will have his grade 12

Back