• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

FY 06/07 numbers for NCM

Around what time can we expect the numbers for officers for the new fiscal year?
Rob.

eh comm rsch, talk about a trade, I'd go back in if there was no morse code involved....

What I am really baffled about is that the navy ops trade are close as we speak, now is that because of the planned amalgation ? and given the attrition rate in NES op I really hope it's going to reopen very soon.

kincanucks I know that as of now the trade is closed, but with your experience can you tell me what you can forsee this year for that trade ?, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

The worst part for the guys that fail out of the Comms rsch training because of morse code is that after you hit leitrim, you will be on a morse bay for maybe a month or two and then never see it again, lol.
Course requirement though I guess, lose some guys with excellent computer skills because they can't hit 16 WPM.
Hope you find something else that you like teasdale, I know the trade you want is closed this year.
Cheers, Rob.

kincanucks I know that as of now the trade is closed, but with your experience can you tell me what you can forsee this year for that trade ?, it would be much appreciated.

Don't know as they have never been zero positions for these trades before.

Update on numbers with the addition of other occupations:

Crewman - 330
Arty Fd - 200
Arty AD - 20
Inf - RCR - 450
Inf - PPCLI - 450
Inf - R22R - 350
Line Maint - 50
NW Tech - 29
Met Tech - 28
Bosn - 59 *
ATIS Tech - 45*
LCIS Tech - 90
NCI OP - 33
NES OP - 41
NET A - 14
NET C - 18
NET T - 30
Comm Rsch - 100
Mar Eng Mech - 52
Hull Tech - 25*
Mar Elect - 34
Veh Tech - 220
Wpns Tech L - 35*
Mat Tech - 30*
AVN Tech - 231
AVS Tech - 124
Image Tech - 20*
ACS Tech  - 34*
Fire Ftr - 65*
MP - 89*
Cook - 130*
Stwd - 28*
Muscn - 22
Postal - 2*
Sup Tech - 149*
Ammo Tech - 12*
Tfc Tech - 57
MSE Op - 95*
RMS Clk - 182*
Nav Comm - 49
RM Tech - 9*
ED Tech - 12*
EGS Tech - 9*
PH Tech - 9*
WFE Tech - 9*
Constr Tech - 14*
Sonar Op - 29
EO Tech - 35
Sig Op - 280
Med Tech - 163
Dent Tech -  8*
AC Op - 40
Cbt Engr - 300

Any occupation that has an * beside the number requires a very strong application and related work experience and education so if you don't have it don't apply for it and waste your time and the recruiter's time.  Also, remember that just because you meet the basic requirements for an occupation does not mean that you will get processed and selected for it.  Good luck.

that is a great news :)

thanks alot kinkanucks !!!

I just hope that not many people are going to pick NES op as a trade :p

kincanucks, I think I speak for us all when I say that YOU ARE THE MAN!

THANKS!

Additionally, I see that some new trades have opened, but also some trades that were open HAVE GROWN....for instance, Med Tech went up to 163.  Is it possible for these trades to shrink JUST AS FAST?  I mean, other then filling from enrollment, can they TAKE AWAY numbers the same way as they added...or is that unlikely?  Just seems like things changed pretty fast.

CosmoK said:
Additionally, I see that some new trades have opened, but also some trades that were open HAVE GROWN....for instance, Med Tech went up to 163.  Is it possible for these trades to shrink JUST AS FAST?  I mean, other then filling from enrollment, can they TAKE AWAY numbers the same way as they added...or is that unlikely?  Just seems like things changed pretty fast.
Adjustments are always made but very unlikely it would be a reduction in required numbers.

It looks like Infantry R22R has been reduced to 350, that is, unless those positions were simply filled.

Also, those numbers eg. FIRE FTR (65)....are these simply for Direct Entry...or would they include Occupational Transfers as well.  So say it was a 50/50 allotment, would this essentially mean that 1/2 of the 65 were available to the public.  Or are OT's on top of the 65...?

CosmoK said:
It looks like Infantry R22R has been reduced to 350, that is, unless those positions were simply filled.

Also, those numbers eg. FIRE FTR (65)....are these simply for Direct Entry...or would they include Occupational Transfers as well.  So say it was a 50/50 allotment, would this essentially mean that 1/2 of the 65 were available to the public.  Or are OT's on top of the 65...?

Sweet Mother of all Good Gods!

The numbers are direct entry entry (off the street or from the reserves through CT) only because that is what recruiting looks after.

It sounds like a lot of people enter and leave the CF every year.  Is it because of lay offs by the CF or because their contracts are expired?  I thought that the a job in the CF was relatively stable, as long as you do the work well.

Is there one of these for FY 07/08?

billypark said:
It sounds like a lot of people enter and leave the CF every year.  Is it because of lay offs by the CF or because their contracts are expired?  I thought that the a job in the CF was relatively stable, as long as you do the work well.

Is there one of these for FY 07/08?

I'm not an expert, but usually you enjoy excellent job security within the CF. Example: I know some people who do to their poor physical shape should be "layed off" from the forces, but they are still kicking. I think you will find that the majority of those leaving the CF do so on their own free will.

That's good to hear since I am applying for ROTP (will be hearing back from my recruiting centre sometime this month) and intend to work my whole life in the CF.  If I am not accepted, I will apply for a job as a NCM when I turn 17 in January 2009.

What trade are you look at?  Right now alot of the naval trades are below their manning lists, which means they are hurting for people.

Back