• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Fraternization during summer training

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what "Krisz" is saying is that anything more then a kiss shouldnt be tolerated and how would Jenny's mum handle her daughter being kissed? Like most parents i suppose, her little girl is growing up and stopping her from kissing boys is a bit extreme.

You've got to remember that although you are only Cadets your still a representation of the Military and you still must act in a way that brings respect and goodwill opon it.
Acting like your at school camp is not and should not be tolerated in anyway. I was never a cadet but i was (and still am) a teenager, i know its hard especially when your young and away on a camp but you've got to remember that whether your in uniform or not there is a way we in the forces must live and act. To break those rules means that you've broken the trust and everything else that goes with being a part of these great organisations.
Dont be a fool, dont even bring out your tool! And if you do, you'll wish to God you didnt even have one after your staff get through with you.

Uhm.

Actually.

I specifically wrote when it was time to stop it.

Krisz said:
When I say overly big thing, I mean anything more then perhaps the occasional gentlemanly, (or perhaps a wee bit roguish,) kiss. If it becomes any more then that, it's the appropriate time to stop it.

After anything more then a kiss, it just goes too far. And note that I find this acceptable only, (and just barely - I don't actually believe it should happen anyways,) if the two people have been going out prior to the Camp they're attending - if they're two people that barely know each other, then I find it ridiculous, and yes, they should be punished. However, my point also nulls your second point - if the two of them have been going out for quite a while, and Jenny's mother was told... why should she be angry, beyond the fact that her daughter did something constituted as "FRAT" and was sent home for it?

And, if I might add, I don't support Fraternization. I still say keep it out of the Camp. But if it absolutely must be done, then I presume it'll be done between two people that are dating from OUTSIDE of the camp, and it'll be done discreetly with nothing more then occasional kiss involved. I know this is a very specific case, but this is the only case I feel is even slightly acceptable.

Briefly summing up my thoughts on this: I don't support Fraternization in general. And if this "Jenny's" mother was told, I can see her
being angry. She'd rightfully be so. And I would not describe it as "O.K." I apologize, but nowhere in anything did I say that WAS ok. What I -DID- say was that if the two of them had been dating for a while prior, I can see Jenny's mother being disappointed in Jenny and angry at her boyfriend, but not for the kissing - more for the fact that kissing ruined her daughter's Camp.

Cheers,
Krisz

Handholding leads to hugging.  Hugging leads to kissing. Kissing leads to groping.  Groping leads to sex.

If you can't keep your little buddy in his cave, or (for you girls) resist letting the little buddy out, then you have a serious issue.  Do what you want on your own time.  When you're at a cadet related activity act as such.  If you wouldn't consumate your love on the parade square infront of a corps, then don't do it at cadet camp (if you would...well, DON'T DO IT AT CADET CAMP.)

And for those who may try to buy people with their training bonuses, there are far better things to blow your cash on.  Try getting a girlfriend who doesn't refer to cadet camp as her "main source of income." ;)

If you have sex, you will get syphilis and DIE.

Kyle Burrows said:
If you have sex, you will get syphilis and DIE.

That is best thing I have ever heard come out of this area of the forum!  ;D

Sex = syphilis = death.

That should be taught to Cadets.

Krisz

Nope.

I should know better than to try and communicate to teenagers, they know everything already.

Done and locked. 

Last advice - Follow the rules and you'll be OK. Otherwise, don't come whining here with your problems if the "medical issue" or offspring that just happened to be a result of "innocent frat" at camp means you don't have a clean enough file for fast recruiting in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back