• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Fraternization during summer training

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are your views on Fraternization during cadet camp during the summer and what are your views on dating? and what are your views on frat during LHQ training as well?

Perhaps be a little more specific.  Are you referring to Instructors with cadets?  Or between cadets?

I personally am against it in all forms.  You're there to be at camp, learn and have fun during the summer not hump each other between the porta-shacks.  Between Instructors and students it's 100% wrong.  However, the legal age of consent is 14 right now, and things will happen no matter what between kids.

I've seen it happen (alot), and most of the time the Staff/Officers at these Cadet Summer Training Centers are either oblivious of the fact or they can't be bothered to stop it (with the exception of a few). I don't think it should be tolerated, especially if it occurs between a someone in a command role and a subordinate.

Last summer we had a particular C/WO dating an CIC Officer, obviously it didn't fly well, and both were promptly dismissed from the ACSTC. I'm not in favour of people using the program as a dating service, but if two people meet (and occasionally they will) they should realize there is an appropriate time and place for dating and training time is not it.

And usually for the relationship to work, one must chose (or be asked) to leave the program, for the benefit of the cadets, and relationship.

My views on Frat is that it only causes problems, if you get bored and find something to do stay on task like i don't like it at all in cadets or the military it is not right at all, i was on a bus ride home from a year end trip and my regimental quarter master sergeant (MWO) was making out with a Mcpl i was appalled.

Canadian.Trucker said:
Perhaps be a little more specific.  Are you referring to Instructors with cadets?  Or between cadets?

I personally am against it in all forms.  You're there to be at camp, learn and have fun during the summer not hump each other between the porta-shacks.  Between Instructors and students it's 100% wrong.  However, the legal age of consent is 14 right now, and things will happen no matter what between kids.

I'm refering to basically everbody and anything at home corps or not at home corps.

When I went to Cadet camp, there were a lot of boyfriend/girlfriend relationships between cadets. I didn't see anything wrong with it (as long as no one goes too far). I went out with a gorgeous blonde who washed dishes in Penhold, and only once did a padre have a look of disapproval when I was waiting for her one evening as she showed up in a super-tight mini-skirt while every guy looked at her. My Lieutenant even allowed me to skip a few evening drill exercises to go out with her.

Matthew Ash said:
I went out with a gorgeous blonde who washed dishes in Penhold, and only once did a padre have a look of disapproval when I was waiting for her one evening as she showed up in a super-tight mini-skirt while every guy looked at her.

Dear Penthouse, I never thought as I went away to Cadet camp that I'd be writing this...   ;D

Read the regs and give your heads a collective shake. If it could cost you your career/job, etc. Then don't do it. Simple. Always be professional in your conduct and you'll be fine.

Armoured_Cadet said:
My views on Frat is that it only causes problems, if you get bored and find something to do stay on task like i don't like it at all in cadets or the military it is not right at all, i was on a bus ride home from a year end trip and my regimental quarter master sergeant (MWO) was making out with a Mcpl i was appalled.
i dont see it as that big of a problem, because people will do it anywhere, cadets or not. like my csm (MWO) was making out with a cpl/ liike i didnt see it as that bad.. fraternization is gonna happen. haha. i think some people who are against it just cant get any. well maybe thats just my opinion. kids will be kids and have fun. o well. :)

Armoured_Cadet said:
for me frat is a problem but my views such as a no going out rule i truly enforce.
this may be true. but i beleive you are in the wrong topic.. haha. why is fratting such a problem?? its fun, whats wrong with fun?

Tell someone like your CO about being put in CL again. I would rather have a cadet tell be that there is something wrong with doing a course twice than a cadet who keeps quiet and accepts an obvious error.

downwiththewedges said:
i dont see it as that big of a problem, because people will do it anywhere, cadets or not. like my csm (MWO) was making out with a cpl/ liike i didnt see it as that bad.. fraternization is gonna happen. haha. i think some people who are against it just cant get any. well maybe thats just my opinion. kids will be kids and have fun. o well. :)

I don't see the need for the childish comments. You asked a question, and people gave their opinions. No need to attempt to belittle others, or for any just plain rude comments.

Take it easy, Enzo! Is having a civilian girlfriend at Air Cadet camp such a crime? I was just a sixteen-year-old baby pilot for goodness sakes!

it is cadet camp, been on staff at ipperwash as  REs F and it was funny to watch the kiddies with the hot dates. some times they need some sex ed clases and the like. a lot of parents would not be too happy  to hear what happened at cadet camp. too much of the staff and cadets interact and they should know better if in a staff position.

but kids will be kids.

the reg f and the res f staff was too busy screwing aorund with each other and with the CIC staff and officers.

too much for one camp

Matthew Ash said:
Take it easy, Enzo! Is having a civilian girlfriend at Air Cadet camp such a crime? I was just a sixteen-year-old baby pilot for goodness sakes!

Maybe, but your staff allowing you to dodge training that everyone else is doing is wrong...." Sergeant Major, marching up and down, by himself, KWIIIIICK, MARCH!"

Matt, I was giving you the gears, hence the smiley face in that line.

The latter was aimed at the group in general and was a generic statement towards following the regs, etc. Bear in mind, I personally live under the "better to ask for forgiveness..." or "it isn't a crime until you're caught (and charged)..." mantra's.  ;D - Look, there it is again!?

So, having said that... "This one time, at cadet camp..."  ;D

One thing we should do well to remember is that rules and regulations aside.....frat causes problems. It causes useless drama between cadets. It can cause the same between staff. It could cause the same between (I wish this didn't happen) staff and cadets. It can also cause pregnancy, STDs, and more drama! I find that the worst thing frat can do is cause us to lose our professionalism and the the respect of our subordinates. It is hard to earn trust......don't let a little T&A screw your future up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back