• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Foreign words that sound 'dirty' but aren't

George Wallace

Army.ca Dinosaur
Inactive
Reaction score
This topic came from this post in another thread:

von Garvin said:
Trust me, it only SOUNDS dirty

(HIJACK ALERT!)

German words that only sound dirty in English

Dich
Dicke
Lust
Lecher

(they mean "you", "fat", "want" and "delicious")

(HIJACK ENDS)

Of course he left out one of the first things one would learn in another language; how to count:

Ein...zwei...drei...vier...fUnf...sechs...Whooo Hooo!

*dies* Just have to add one.  "Phoque" means "seal" in French.

Wynne said:
*dies* Just have to add one.  "Phoque" means "seal" in French.

Had a friend from PEIR who was a travelling sales agent for a PEI firm who went to Isle de Magdalaine during a 'Seal Protest' back in the '70's.  He was asked when he got off the plane, by a protester, "Est vous un phoquer?"  Being an Anglo, he was taken aback that someone was asking him his sexual practices so soon on setting foot on the Island.

Not foreign, but it sounds dirty none the less......

uvula - A small, conical, fleshy mass of tissue suspended from the center of the soft palate (the hangy-down thing at the back of your throat)

Glad to see that my post 'unhijacked' from the other thread

Just cant' think of any other 'clean' words that sound 'nasty' is all :D

von Garvin said:
Glad to see that my post 'unhijacked' from the other thread

Just cant' think of any other 'clean' words that sound 'nasty' is all :D

What?  You weren’t going to come back with some words like:

Geschmack

Gesundheit

Boot sechs (say it aloud fast)

Boat six in german.

in French:

Toit
Hublot (the t is silent)

(means roof, and porthole)

"Lederhosen"

Translates to "leather pants."

Found on smiling middle-aged men handing out chocolate, cherubic ceramic figures, and pigtailed Teutonic barmaids.

If you own some, it's therapy time.

probum non poenitet said:
"Lederhosen"
Translates to "leather pants."
Found on smiling middle-aged men handing out chocolate, cherubic ceramic figures, and pigtailed Teutonic barmaids.
If you own some, it's therapy time.

Are you insinuating that I need therapy because I have a pigtailed Teutonic barmaid?

probum non poenitet said:

Funny, in 9 years in Germany I never once saw a smiling middle-aged man in or out of lederhosen handing out pigtailed Teutonic barmaids...... And I did a lot of looking..... ;D ;D ;D ;D

This isnt foreign but when you crazy Canadians say your "rooting for your team", it can get a bit of school girl giggle from me. In Australia 'root' means sex. And rooting for your team? Now it isnt rocket surgery to figure that one out. Oh, isnt juvenile humour grand?

When I was working out of Frobisher bay (Ikaluit), there was this one fella named
Hans Kock

I don't know if this one counts as foreign, but here goes:  Stroganoff
You know, as in "I'll be out of the bathroom in a second, I'm..." well, you get the picture.  ;D
(For those of you who don't get it, it's a type of food, leave it at that.)

"stroganoff" is a foreign word: it's Russian, so it counts.

And "Ich liebe dich" means "I love you", and nothing else!!!

Back