• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Fingerprints ( merged )

Unfortunately I was in some minor trouble when I was younger, so on the application I had to disclose my youth and criminal convictions.(minor non-violent, non weapons, non drug related)

I then was in informed that they need to verify this information so a third party does the fingerprinting, and then I think they are sent off to CSIS for verification.

I was told there is a 3-6 month waiting period and I was just trying to find out if there is anyone else that can give some insight as to the current wait times.

Ahhh.

Im surprised you have to declare youth convictions if you are now over 18...

was told there is a 3-6 month waiting period

There is your answer.

HH

I am not sure what they do with fingerprints-surely there are other ways of verifying personal data.

As a civy contractor in Kabul I was forced to provide a set of prints after being there three months......despite the fact I am retired Reg Force and I am sure DND has a set on file someplace. My job was not "sensitive"so I have no idea what they planned to do with them, nor would they tell me, and I was theatened with being let go if I did not,  so I made a point of mispelling my last name and also putting my birthdate out by ten years on the card. No one noticed.

kincanucks said:
was told there is a 3-6 month waiting period

There is your answer.

HH

I can understand that would be a very simple way of looking at it, like I said I was looking for someone with knowledge of current backlog or lack there of.

I came across a posting from 2004 that stated he got his returned within four weeks, so if you don't know...

kallan2105 said:
I came across a posting from 2004 that stated he got his returned within four weeks, so if you don't know...

If anyone knew, it would be him.

kallan2105 said:

He doesn't have to know. He told you to follow what you were told, and you were told 3-6 months. 

kallan2105 said:
I can understand that would be a very simple way of looking at it, like I said I was looking for someone with knowledge of current backlog or lack there of.

Well after six years of recruiting experience and submitting several applicants' fingerprints for checks I have come to the conclusion that it takes 3 to 6 months for the results to come back on average.  Now some may come back sooner and others may take longer than 6 months.  While I have not been in recruiting since last June I can confidently state that the wait time has not improved.  So sit back, work on your physical fitness and wait.  Remember that if you had kept your nose clean in the first place then this wouldn't even be an issue.

HH and DA

canuck

With your recruiting experience in this area would you know of any problems arising after the results came back?

I was totally honest on my application and as I said before the charges are not of a major violent offence.

Thanks for your help!

kallan2105 said:
canuck

With your recruiting experience in this area would you know of any problems arising after the results came back?

I was totally honest on my application and as I said before the charges are not of a major violent offence.

Thanks for your help!
PM inbound

Hey guys i have been harassing the CFRC about the where abouts of my prints. They got to Ottawa Feb 1st 08 and still arnt back (may 18) so i called them and the sgt. there said that they do it a different way... threw commisioniers which is done by a digital machine, supose to be very fast... so i went and did it just incase one gets here before the other. i had a youth record and the guy said 10-30 days for anything from the YCJA and the same 4-6 months for over 18. I hope the guy is right about the 10-30 days soill let you all waiting for the same thing know how long its taken.

In the meantime I'd lose the "YO" attitude and start brushing up on your spelling.

Fair warning......

tree hugger said:
I wasn‘t fingerprinted until after I was enrolled and they were issuing me a military ID ...that was pre-September 11 though....things may have changed.

They still do that when your issued your ID (it is so it is easer to ID your body, if the need arises [or so I've been told])

To paraphrase Baretta, "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time." For all of your actions, there are consequences. The CF has different spent periods for various infractions of the laws of the land. Think of it as a "time out" for delinquents. Just how long you sit on the CF naughty step hinges on the severity of your indiscretion, the resulting punishment and how long ago you were convicted/fined etc.

thanks for the tips monk... obviously im not going to go into BMQ with the "yo" attitude, its a forum and its just faster to type that way... i intend to do everything 110%

O and Jack i was discharged like 4 years ago, and i asked the recruiter and they said it shouldnt be a problem.

Normally the CF fingerprint you for IDENTIFICATION purposes only. Nothing to panic about.

To the best of my knowledge they don't AFIS you, and if they do, thats something new, and would be disclosed upon your enlistment.

Faster or not 88, try capitalising, using punctuation, correct spelling, and speaking engrish on here rather than what method you are using. Looks like you were discharged about the same time the last time someone posted on this thread, before you brought it back from the dead zone.

As for my spelling, I will try to improve. However, even though its "faster", you guys use a lot of abbreviations that are really confusing... I am not trying to be rude it is just a little hypocritical. Once again not trying to be rude, its just confusing.

88rustang07 said:
As for my spelling, I will try to improve. However, even though its "faster", you guys use a lot of abbreviations that are really confusing... I am not trying to be rude it is just a little hypocritical. Once again not trying to be rude, its just confusing.

Abreviations are one thing, MSN-type short hand is another. Stop using MSN-type / Text messaging shorthand on this site.

Consider this your official warning.

Milnet.ca staff

88rustang07 said:

How about an example of abbrevaitions you mention. If anything, its a military accronym or approved/known abbn (thats an official CF term) approved used within our occupations.

Why don't you just suck it up, learn, adapt and move on with this. Calling anyone a hypocrit for using an abbreviation, compared to breaching the guidelines and regs on here its like comparing oil to water.

You are the one who is causing the problem, not us.

A kind word of advise, stop whinging and tow the line.

I am sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone, I missed the no msn-type in the rules, my apologies.

Back