• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Finally got accepted into the CF.

jaysfan17

Reaction score
My enrollment is on March 21; and my pre-BMQ training starts on 23 (Reserves). This whole process took too long, but I'm very anxious to get going.

Well good on you man! Enjoy the time you have before leaving, and squeeze as much physical training as possible into the time you have, short of course of inducing physical injury.

Best of luck!  [lol: [lol:

Congratulations luttrellfan!
luttrellfan said:
My enrollment is on March 21; and my pre-BMQ training starts on 23 (Reserves). This whole process took too long, but I'm very anxious to get going.

What position were you offered/ with which reserve unit?

I'll probably see you at BMQ this summer, I also just got accepted into the reserves back in February.

Now the real hard part begins haha

J.J.Y said:
Congratulations luttrellfan!
What position were you offered/ with which reserve unit?

I'll probably see you at BMQ this summer, I also just got accepted into the reserves back in February.

Now the real hard part begins haha

Thanks J.J.Y

I was offered a position as a Boatswain at HMCS Cataraqui. What Unit are you at? Did they say when you start your Summer BMQ.

Congrats! I enroll on the 24th (reg force)... good luck with your bmq!

I believe their are 3 BMQ courses running starting in May 2016. One of these courses is scheduled to run starting May 9th, I've requested to start my training then. As long as I don't starting BMQ during university finals, I'm happy!

My unit's based in Ottawa so I feel like I'll be assigned to a BMQ relatively close to that region.

Any idea as to when/ where you're starting training?

Also, is anyone else on here starting reserve BMQ around the beginning of May?

Congrats again buddy!

J.J.Y said:
Any idea as to when/ where you're starting training?

Congrats again buddy!

All I know is my Summer training starts sometime in June and goes up until August. As for the possible destinations, they are Quebec City, Borden, Victoria, or Halifax. I'm not sure if I'll be able to choose.

Best of luck to you with your training!

I'm doing Reserve BMQ starting May 9th to June 8th at CFB Meaford and then BMQL from June 14th to the 29th at CFB Meaford.

Back