• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

File Number for Secondary Employment

DB323334

Inactive
Reaction score
What is the correct file number to put on a memo for secondary employment. Is 1001-1 good enough. Has anyone ever used 5500-1?

Thank you

Why does everyone ask these questions late on a Thursday afternoon leading into a 4-day weekend? 

Jager said:
Because thats how all new privates work. ;-)

I vaguely remember!

For the OP - is it that urgent that you need the answer before Tuesday, which is the earliest anyone is likely to read your memo?

If it is, try this:

XXX (Pers)

where XXX is the last three of your service number.

Good luck!

As the originator of the correspondence, it is entirely your choice as to what file number you use.  If it's a personal request, then as Occam has said, your service number is appropriate.  You do not have to follow the CF filing system.  Think of it this way, the file number is so that YOU can find it in YOUR filing cabinet.  When your OR logs it in, they will place it in the appropriate file according to THEIR (i.e. the CF's) filing system.  A written response will then have the appropriate CF filing number (which you could use for future commentary on the subject, but that's entirely up to you).

If I was in your position, I would use my service number.  It's the easiest option.

Back