• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Feb 2008 BMQ- ALL locations

CDN Aviator said:
There you go, all of you going in Feb 2008 for BMQ, this is the thread.

Milnet.ca staff

Perhaps someone could change the title of the thread to indicate such?

Hello fellow recruits!

I'll see you there as well. Flying out on the 3rd from Winnipeg.

Hrmmm..what will they single me out for? I have big feet and I'm old(er). My name is simple enough. I've been more worried about the length of my combat pants...I can never find jeans with a 36" leg. 34" legs hang off my ankles and look like flood pants! hah. Hopefully they have my size!

Hit me up via PM and maybe we can find time for coffee at the airport if we're waiting for the afternoon shuttle. My flight arrives around 10-11'ish I think.

Cheers

Havent got my Itinery yet, But I am on the Feb 4th St. Jean course as well. See you all there

Everyone here is headed to St. Jean??

I was looking on the facebook group and apparently there is one at Borden at the same time...or someone is horribly misinformed.

Cat said:
Everyone here is headed to St. Jean??

I was looking on the facebook group and apparently there is one at Borden at the same time...or someone is horribly misinformed.

It's possible, however it was my understanding that Borden didn't load up until St. Jean was filled to capacity

BMQ is at St. Jean for me as well...unless they booked the wrong flight. That would be cool. Maybe I'd get lucky and hitch a ride with a CF-18 so I'm not late for the course.

...Back to reality!

Or you could be getting on a old riveted dc-4 and have the pilot go "hannnng together baby" every 25 min or so ;)

All jokes appart , welcome aboard and yes we will make you sweat for being older (thought im 24, maybe im too old for this also) ;P ,lol

I think Timmano and myself are the youngest, 20 and 21 respectivly - lol - and we're still a few years past the minimum age - although I'm sure there will be people younger then us tehre too. It's not about age though -  it's all about attitude.

Cat's barely legal. I'm SOOOOO keeping my distance from her! haha  :salute:

Hey , your coming to train in quebec. here the minimum drinking age is 18 and it is just a suggestion:p

And as for cats legality issue , i have too many corny quote , so im not going to go ahead and prove im a total idiot :p

Lets not take this thread down to the lowest common denominator shall we.

Back on track

Milnet.ca staff

I just got my call this morning I get sworn in on wednesday. 4th of february start in st jean for me aswell.

I f i dont get my call to this round BMQ's on the fourth, will it be another 13 weeks till I have to wait for the next ones to begin?

The medical buffoons in CFRC Halifax didnt decide to ask for my old military medical files until a few days ago, what a letdown to hear that my re-interview (trade change) and medical (which they gave me a pass on at 1st) has been set back about a week.

The  good news that I was told was that there is are several BMQ's starting this month, so don't fret DJS. I was told that as they wrap up in St Jean and that other place (I think Borden) that they are starting up new ones immediately after, and your chance to get in is in fact increased if you have choosed a trade in high demand (was told that this is especially so as they want to meet the high demand asap so they can fill the spots becoming vacant due to retiring and others taking their training and going civvie). I was told that even though my file has to be reviewed again for merit listing they still have me trade for mid-month which is great news.

Well that certainly takes a load of my shoulders! It's hard when you are kept in the dark. You are on a strict need to know basis with the recruiting office. Incidently, I'm being recruited out of Bathurst NB.

As far as I know there's always a BMQ starting, at least every week or 2. They have to keep up with demand for hte trades and to fill the boots of those retiring, so dont fret. And CFRC's keep info to themselves for the simple reason that tehy dont want people calling up asking why they never got on X BMQ because they had all their papers done, etc.

Yeah i learned that pretty quick with regards to calling up the R.O.

Thank goodness for forums and you guys that are here to answer our questions and concerns. Takes a ****load of anxiety of us people who are just waiting for that call!

I'm getting sworn in this Wednesday and going to basic for February 4th. I'm 17 coming from Toronto.

Goodluck to everybody

im getting sworn in on monday in kingston, and heading to bmq on the 4th too.......can't wait to see y'all there!

I'm 23, from Montreal. I'm going to be sworn in friday and I'll be on the bus the same day I think. I'm going PPCLI. See you all there!

Back