• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

FAT TAX ?

kaspacanada

Inactive
Reaction score
"Toronto â ” Ontario Finance Minister Greg Sorbara dismissed assertions that the poor would be hardest hit if the provincial sales tax were applied to restaurant meals under $4, although he refused to confirm whether the tax change is planned in the spring budget..."

Well, that price cutoff wouldn‘t even cover a meal at McDonalds or KFC so what‘s the point?

If they want to promote healthier living, tax McDonalds/Wendy‘s/KFC/Burger King and A&W for starters. But to say meals under $4.00 are unhealthy, you can get a very healthy sandwich for about that...that‘s cutting out some of the healthy eating possibilities I think.

The taxes would have to come from somewhere, but mabey include exercise programs/gym memberships of some kind to be subsidized by provincial health care programs. Find a way to incite people to eat healthier food at home. I‘m glad I‘m not from Ontario.

$4?  Can you even get a decent meal at any restaurant for that?  The only thing I can think of is the rare $3.50 breakfast deals where you get two eggs, two strips of bacon, and two pieces of toast, and those are pretty rare. 

I agree with you, even if this were higher, how do you seperate healthy from unhealthy meals.  Price isn't going to cut it.  Nevermind that even many ofthose who do order something <$4 can just combine their order to get it over $4 (to save 20 cents, I doubt most would, but hey). 

I have an idea to save money.
Have the politicians stop giving themselves salary raises.

I think it's safe to say they won't starve if they take a pay freeze.

Fat Tax? Just another way of collecting more $$ from us. Call it legal theft. We should get a tax called MP tax, and have all provincial and federal MPs taxed for wasting our tax dollars.

How do some of these wankers fall thru the cracks, let alone get elected.

Pure bloody foolishness.

Election day cometh, and get out there and VOTE!

Cheers from the last autumn day here in the south,

Wes

I am all for...if I get a cheque in the mail for being under weight :)

Back