• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

failing test?

J

justinsuitor

hello just a quick question, sorry if it has been asked already, i was just wondering what happens if you were to fail the physical test(sit ups, push ups, step test, ect...). do they let you take it again, do you have to wait a certain amount of time to take the test again, or do you only have one chance to take the test. thanks for all your help...

If I am not mistaken you may take the test again but you must pay a twenty dollar fee to redo the test.  Please anyone can correct if I am wrong.  As for how long between tests that I am not sure of.  Maybe someone else can respond to that.

Justin Suitor said:
hello just a quick question, sorry if it has been asked already, i was just wondering what happens if you were to fail the physical test(sit ups, push ups, step test, ect...). do they let you take it again, do you have to wait a certain amount of time to take the test again, or do you only have one chance to take the test. thanks for all your help...

The tester will, depending on where the applicant went wrong, decide on a suitable wait period before retest.  The cost is anywhere from 20-30 dollars depending where in the country you are and you can retest as many times as you want but if it takes too many times (2 or more) then we may have to reassess your ability to be an effective member of the CF.  So if you are thinking about applying to the CF start a regular fitness routine and stick to it and you shouldn't have any problems with the physical test.

thanks for all the help, things are much clearer now.

Just got off the phone with CFRC Ottawa, it's $30 to redo it here. Your best bet is to REALLY plan to not have to do it again! ;-)

Having to redo it is kind of weak.

Considering the minimum requirements are:

19 puchups(men under 35)
19 situps (mun under 35)

Combined handgrip score of 75 Kg

And I never even had to do a 2.4 k run here in Ottawa, I just had to do a step test. If you can't pass those basics, I'd take a serious look at your current fitness routine, and try to adapt it. Or get INTO one if you don't. Keep in mind, just passing the minimum isn't that good either. Try to surpass in all you do

Its $30 to re-take it at the Kevin Siros Fitness Centre. Its even considered a retest if your taking it a second time (I took it four years ago to be a member of the reserves, and I passed the test, so even though I passed, it's still considered a retest when I do it a second time this friday for the regulars).

When I did my step test, the recruiter wasn't even watching and just started talking to other people while another guy and myself did it.

Good times!

;D

You mean you guys have to PAY to do a test?  Who do you pay? Doesn't the Recruiting Centre do The tests?

Tom

In total, for my complete application process, cost me about 180$, not including time off work frm civvy street to do all the testing. "Any costs incurred by the applicant for the process will not be refunded by DND"

I must be getting old.  Why are you guys paying for tests?  When I enrolled there were no costs involved.  Are these payments to civilian firms for services on behalf of the CF, or what?  for Pte_Des: what did you spend $180 on?  Just curious.  Does not seem like a good incentive to join.

ex royal now flyer said:
I must be getting old.   Why are you guys paying for tests?   When I enrolled there were no costs involved.   Are these payments to civilian firms for services on behalf of the CF, or what?   for Pte_Des: what did you spend $180 on?   Just curious.   Does not seem like a good incentive to join.

Actually it is the perfect incentive to get in freaking appropriate physical shape isn't it? So if you fail the test the first time and you have to pay for any subsequent tests you would want to be able to pass it quickly.  Make sense or is it too new of a concept for you?

Hmm, maybe they're just from a time when the whole "personal resposibility" thing was still in vogue? Or a time when people who couldn't do 19 pushups (or whatever piddling number the test is) didn't bother joining the ARMY?

kincanucks said:
Actually it is the perfect incentive to get in freaking appropriate physical shape isn't it? So if you fail the test the first time and you have to pay for any subsequent tests you would want to be able to pass it quickly.   Make sense or is it too new of a concept for you?

This is a new concept for me since I joined in 87 and have never heard of having to pay for such a test.   You work in recruiting, is this a new policy or is it because I passed all my tests the first time that I never had to consider paying for a re-test.   Yes, recruits should be in appropriate physical shape before they walk through the door.  

If recruits are paying upwards of $180 for re-testing should there not be a cut-off (i.e. two tries) before the recruiter says sorry, you are not good enough.  

I'm new here, so forgive me if this first post doesn't turn out so well.............

I joined the reg force at age 34 (no military experience), and did limited work-up training before the testing........

I had no problem with surpassing the minimum standards. If you go through the application process, and can not meet the standard, I do not believe a re-test should be permitted. If you couldn't prep yourself for the test, this tells me something of your character (determination, focus, discipline, etc). If you are lacking these things, are you what the army needs??

Sorry if I offend, but that's my 2 cents worth....

Maybe the Army should just run a "fat camp" for people who fail the MPFS (minimum phisical fitness standard) on entry, and those who fail the CF Express test! At least the people who are too out of shape to join have the desire to serve, thats more than i can say for the fit people that are "too good to join the army"
just my two cents!

Holy shit people.  When I responded to this topic  earlier today I was only trying to get some clarification on paying to be re-tested, and the $180 incurred by someone during his recruiting process.  I had never heard of that before.  I was hoping kincanucks who, according to his profile, is a recruiter, could have enlightened me as to when this policy - paying to be re-tested - took effect (to the best of my knowledge it was not a policy when I joined) instead of questioning my ability to understand new concepts.  Nor, was it my intention to open the topic of PT standards in the CF. 

Back