• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.

army

Inactive
Reaction score
Explanation

Posted by Michael A. Dorosh from Canada on April 24, 1999 at 01:03:01:

In Reply to: Re: I‘ll go you one better posted by Art Johnson on April 24, 1999 at 00:17:58:

Every year, my regiment has its annual church parade and Freedom of the City march on St. Julien‘s weekend. Friday is the officers mess dinner, Saturday is the 10th Bn/Calg Highrs Association dinner, which brings the vets in from around the world, as well as the entire Regiment, the only time apart from XMAS dinner where we all sit and eat together. And it is always at the Palliser, one of the CP Hotels downtown, not an army mess. So I guess it‘s easy for me to wonder why you should think it has been forgotten - in Calgary, it is one of the big events of the year!

Didn‘t mean to diminish the importance of your post. but I do think those who are interested should read Dancock‘s work on the subject of Second Ypres. It is a very interesting story, and as you point out, an important one.

CANUCK Home Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back