• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Enhanced Reliability Check (ERC) - Merged

Can dual citizenship affect the outcome of the security clearance? Also, under the section G, question 5 of the 330-60E they ask why you are holding the second citiznship; what exactly do they want?

ches said:
Can dual citizenship affect the outcome of the security clearance? Also, under the section G, question 5 of the 330-60E they ask why you are holding the second citiznship; what exactly do they want?

No dual citizenship will not affect the outcome.  They want to know why you have a second citizenship, i.e. you were born there.

Sig_Des said:
ah, you're right....

I was reading a part on the 23 that referred to the 60.

I don't think I filled out a 330-60 when I joined, just a 23. Just when I applied for my Security clearance, and that was done over the DIN.

is the 330-60 part of the application package, or is it just the 23?

330-23 is part of the application package and the 330-60 is given out for pre-assessment when required and it is given to the enrollee to fill out and take to BMQ with them as part of the enrolment package.

I want to join the Canadian Forces as DEO. I'm an Electrical Engineer. I've submitted my application, written the aptitude test, gave interview and gone through medical tests. Now I was told to complete the security clearance form since I was not born in Canada. I'm living in Canada for about 14 years. I left my last job few months ago since it was not a good fit for me. I don't want to give my supervisor's contact information. I think that he may not give the right information about my self. I'm comfortable giving the contact information of my Co-worker. My co-worker also left the workplace shortly after me as it was not a good place to work. Will my supervisor's contact information affect my security clearance form and hence my job decision in the Canadian Forces? Also, how long does it take to process the security clearance form? Meanwhile I am working on my physical fitness. If anyone have any answer, please let me know. Thanks.

You have to supply your employment information for the last ten years, which includes your immediate supervisor's contact information for each job.  Failure to do so could result in the denying of a pre-assessment.  The pre-assessment procedures can last from 18-24 months or longer.

Hi all,

I applied for DEO (regular) in Canadian Forces. My security clearance process started in mid 2005.

I gave three character references in my application. They have contacted two of them, but unfortunately the third one has moved to USA  :'(  and my applcation processing is stopped.

One of the reference requirement is that he/she should know you for at least three years.

I have to find a third reference now. My supervisor has agreed to give me reference but he knows me for last three
years from now. When I filled the security clearance application he knew me for last two years and a few months so I could not use his name.

Can I use his name as a reference now?

OR a reference should know me for at least three years from when I filled the security clearance form initially.

Thanks in advance,

Bobby  :salute:

Wow,

I have to find a third reference now. My supervisor has agreed to give me reference but he knows me for last three
years from now. When I filled the security clearance application he knew me for last two years and a few months so I could not use his name.

Can I use his name as a reference now?

OR a reference should know me for at least three years from when I filled the security clearance form initially.

The requirement is that your references have to have known you for at least three years.  So if you need another reference and they have now known you for three years thanyou can use them now.

What is your degree in?

I got my Canadian citizenship last summer, and applied to join the Canadian forces this January. I completed  my medical, written test and my interview and i am just waiting for my security clearance to come back. Since i was not born in Canada and have lived here for only 6 years i had to complete the long form. Initially i was told by my recruiter that the clearance was only gonna take between 4 and 8 months. When i went back last week i was told it could take up to 2 years  :eek:.
BTW i am applying to join Sig Ops

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

marqucha said:
I got my Canadian citizenship last summer, and applied to join the Canadian forces this January. I completed  my medical, written test and my interview and i am just waiting for my security clearance to come back. Since i was not born in Canada and have lived here for only 6 years i had to complete the long form. Initially i was told by my recruiter that the clearance was only gonna take between 4 and 8 months. When i went back last week i was told it could take up to 2 years  :eek:.

What do want to hear?  You have to wait and that is all there is to it.

marqucha said:

We have lots of sigs working in the trade without their clearance. They dont use certain kit and they are not likely to go on deployment but they do get their trades training while waiting for it. By the time your clearance comes in you could be done basic, SQ, BDT, and your 3's. So try not to despair.

Canadian Sig said:
We have lots of sigs working in the trade without their clearance. They dont use certain kit and they are not likely to go on deployment but they do get their trades training while waiting for it. By the time your clearance comes in you could be done basic, SQ, BDT, and your 3's. So try not to despair.

He is referring to his pre-assessment for security purposes because he has not lived in Canada for the last ten years, which has to be done before he can be enrolled.

DA

kincanucks said:
He is referring to his pre-assessment for security purposes because he has not lived in Canada for the last ten years, which has to be done before he can be enrolled.

DA

Didnt realise the difference. Thanks for the education. Love that avatar btw.

displaced west-coaster

After waiting 6 months for the recruiting center to transfer my file from Halifax to Toronto  ...I finally got to do the medical, interview, and PT. I did fine on the medical, and just found out it has been cleared at Ottawa. The interview went well and I passed the PT. Now i've been waiting for this "security check" to clear. I have NO idea what is taking so long for this. I could understand if I:

Had a criminal record, ever (which I don't).
Have every lived outside of canada (which I havn't).
Gone bankrupt (which I havn't).

So what is taking so long for security clearance to be Reg. Force Infantry? What else would make this process take so long? I just can't believe they havn't figured out that i'm NOT a sketchy dude. I've been waiting about 3 months for this thing to clear and they havn't told me ANYTHING.

Sorry - but i'm frustrated beyond belief. I'm really losing motivation for this career.

It's quite possible that the recruiter may only call you or notify you if there is a problem with the security check, I knew mine had been run on me because i had to provide some additional info. I would just relax, they will contact you when they are advised on the status of your file. In your case you may not hear anything until they find out if you have been merit listed, at which time your file manager will let you know. It is also possible that you may not hear anything until your job offer call.

In any case, just chillax, cross your fingers and pray that you've done all you can to beat out the next guy on the list....

I have never lived outside of Canada (have not left the country to go to the US for at least 10 years), no criminal record, and my credit is OK (not spotless but nothing too bad on there)  and it took a while for my security check.  I think it was like 3 weeks or something.  Some say this was a normal length of time for my circumstances, some say it was a little long.

At 3 months, I hope you have called the CFRC once every 1-2 weeks to get an update (make sure to talk to the person who did your interview I find that helps).  They dont have any info at all for you??

Its called an Enhanced Reliability Check (ERC) not a 'security check' and DPM Sec 2 was shut down for a couple of weeks while they moved offices so that may be the reason for the delay and never assumed that the ERC gets sent out the same day you have your interview as it may take several days to get it inputted due to volume.

HH

Ok, thanks for the response. I have been calling the recruiting center - but nobody told me the department handling the ERC was closed for a while. I was just getting kind of bummed seeing all the people that have gotten enrolled to the May BMQ. The recruiter told me I would likely get in by then.

Quick answear to your question, get used to the waiting, in the military you always wait for everything.

but after 8 years in the rank your max out salary as CPL....you will not even notice the wait anymore.

I waited 4 years to be able to join back in the early 90's when I finaly did (transfer from reserve) I was sent to Battle School the only time you dont wait in the military.

sorry to tell ya the bad news

it has gotten worst after 12 years im still waiting for someone to promote me....lol

Je Me Souviens

I spoke with an Infanteer at the recruiting centre. He told me people applying to infantry arn't really a priority right now - other trades are. It is very unlikely that I will get an offer for May BMQ. Apparently training for Infanteer is offered all the time, so there is no rush for them to get me in. I'm starting to wonder if i should have selected another trade...I only applied for Infantry, but the Captain who interview me mentioned that I qualified for any trade. Infantry seems like the most exciting trade anyway.

He told me people applying to infantry arn't really a priority right now

Bull Fecal matter.  Infantry is always a priority.  He was probably referring to the fact that ROTP is on the front burner right now but recruiting and processing for all occupations is the highest priority for the CF.

Back