• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

End of my BE

mexican111

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm coming up on 4yrs of my 5yr contract and am leaning pretty heavy to getting out. That being said I can't find much in the way on the process. As no one has asked me to resign (and often don't on this base until the day of), do I have to let them know at some point that I'm not going to resign or come drop dead day am I free to go? Assuming some sort of completion of term process starts, how long does it usually take to be out? Finally, Iv been doing a lot of looking for info on what I am entitled to upon release but can't find much other than my contributions can go into a restricted RRSP, do I essentially loose everything until 50/60 no matter what?

Thanks

From my experience you will get offered your CE, etc around 10-12 months before your contract expires - providing the CF wants to keep you.  If you know for sure that you do not want to continue on with a CE you can/should bring it up to your CoC.

If you get a contract and do not wish to continue serving you check off no/refuse contract.  The clerks will do their thing with it,  you sign some forms, etc

As you get closer to your release date the base release section will get a hold of you.

Not trying to be mean or anything, just offering a tip for clarity because I had to re-read your post a few times to get the proper sense of it:
- Resign is to relinquish a job or position, like tendering your resignation. 
- Re-sign means to sign again.

Good luck.

ADM (HR-MIL) Instr 05/05 might be a starting point.  IAW the Instr, your CO was supposed to offer you your next TOS 24 months from the end of your current TOS.

Start with reading the Instr, if you don't have a DIN account, ask your immediate superior for help getting a copy.  **If you aren't going to accept further TOS and know that now, let your CofC know.  Your Career Manager, and the folks who manage occupation forecasts, etc would likely appreciate the heads up from your CofC as well, so they can recruit your replacement, etc etc.

Of course you wouldn't just be 'free to go'.  You have a release medical to do, kit to turn in, etc etc etc.  The Release Section can tell you all about the process.

Back