• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Embarrasing PC contest

B

baracus1k

Hey, guys. Just to cheer us all up, let‘s see who‘s the king of ghetto by comparing our rigs.
My machine of embarassment is a K6 333, 192 MB RAM
8MB ATI Video Card, 16-bit Stereo Yamaha Sound, 56x CD, 24x CD, 4 gig master disk, 2 gig slave.
It‘s a surprise I almost beat UT! ...almost
:sniper:

bwahaha..

Pentium 4 2.4ghz hyperthreading
512mb/ram
Altec Lansing Speakers + Subwoofer (not sure what model)
GeForce 2
52x32x52 CD/rw
76.3gb HD

However, I deserve this after putting up with this for several years (I still have it):

Pentium 200mhz
64mb ram
Voodoo 3 2000 vid card
32x cd rom
2gb HD

Yeah, but can you field strip it blindfolded and in the dark with both hands tied behind your back wearing full NBC kit? :cool:

If you want to compare old computers, I‘ve got this kicking around in my basement, using it mostly as a server and for evil experimentation (I‘m an Electrical Engineer on civvie side so what can you expect?)

Pentium I 100mhz
24 mb SDRAM
1 meg on some POS 2d video card (expandable to 4!!)
4x CD Rom drive
1Gig HDD

Although I will admit I have newer boxes than that, so I don‘t quite count.

Even for evil experimentors, thats pretty embarrassing.

I have a 286-12 MHz in my drawer from 1991. My girlfriend twice a year threatens to throw it out.
I dare her but she never does.

I‘ve got a:

AMD 2200+
1024MB PC3200
80GB Hard Drive
500W Power Supply
MSI FX5900 256MB video card
22" LCD monitor

I mostly use it for gaming.

I throw my girlfriend out twice a year but like a good old commodore 64 right when you‘ve had enough and are about to smash it, she starts working again :)

Currently:
P2-433
256 Megs
2*20 Gig drives
420 Watt Power Supply
POS AWE64 Soundcard
17" Monitor (RT)
Busted set of altec lancings.
16x DVD drive and a broken cd-burner

Soon (in the process of building)

AMD 2800 Barton
M-Audio Revolution Soundcard
160 gig hard drive and a smaller secondary drive
1 gig RAM
Geforce FX5200 128 Meg vid card
Altec Lancing 5.1 Surround speakers
16x DVD Drive
52x Burner

Oldest system:
486-66
16 Megs Ram
500 Meg Drive
4x CDrom
16-bit soundcard

Originally posted by sinblox:
[qb] bwahaha..

Pentium 4 2.4ghz hyperthreading
512mb/ram
Altec Lansing Speakers + Subwoofer (not sure what model)
GeForce 2
52x32x52 CD/rw
76.3gb HD
[/qb]
You‘ve got all that with a geforce 2? C‘mon. You must not be a gamer. You system would kick *** with a GF FX or Radeon 9800

I went and looked up my hardware profiles and realized I have a GeForce FX 5200... is this what you mean? I had thought that‘s what it was, I really should pay more attention.

I don‘t game a lot, I play some Battlefield 1942 mostly.

[qb]
I don‘t game a lot, I play some Battlefield 1942 mostly. [/qb]
Is that any good...I keep seeing it in the store and am sometimes tempted.

Aaand the winner is...
The poor sap with the 12MhZ 286
I just wanna commit suicide upon hearing such cruelty to humans... :crybaby: :sniper:

Wow, Bert, a 286, that‘s . . . impressive (or something). :p

I just upgraded a month ago from a P200 MMX/64MB RAM/30GB HD/4MB video card/dial-up to an Athlon 2500/512MB RAM/80GB HD/64MB FX5200 video card/ADSL modem. Man, what a difference! :cool:

Now, if I can just talk the missus into letting me buy some real games. . . . :mg:

I‘m currently using ENIAC. My abacus failed me the other day.

For reference, the server you‘re posting to right now is a P2 500Mhz with 128M of RAM and a 12Gb HD. Starting to show it‘s age, especially with the spike in usage we‘ve seen lately...

[qb] I went and looked up my hardware profiles and realized I have a GeForce FX 5200... is this what you mean? I had thought that‘s what it was, I really should pay more attention.

Ahh, I have a GF FX 5600.

Theres a big difference between a GF2 and a GF FX. You wouldn‘t beable to play BF1942 on a GF 2. Trust me, I tried it. That game is a big resource hog.

Originally posted by Slim:
[qb]
[qb]
Is that any good...I keep seeing it in the store and am sometimes tempted. [/qb]
It‘s awesome. Check out the trailor for Battlefield Vietnam, it‘s coming out in a bit, should be even better.

Back