• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DWAN Search Engine Joins The Real World

MJP

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
I can't believe it is happening.  I actually searched for something and my answer was the first link!  Congrats DND on joining the rest of the free world.

http://dt.mil.ca/news-nouvelles/article-eng.asp?id=833

The improved Defence intranet search engine is ready to be launched! The search function plays an important role in helping you find the information you need to do your job quickly and effectively.

We listened to your feedback – over 69 per cent of the Defence Team intranet users surveyed in April 2014 were dissatisfied with the search function and believed it was in the need of improvement. This sentiment was echoed in the Department’s Blueprint 2020 report.

What you can expect from the improvements

Highlights of the new search include:
■Better results for what you are looking for;
■A simplified search function;
■An enriched user experience;
■The ability to filter search on a specific language

MJP said:
We listened to your feedback – over 69 per cent of the Defence Team intranet users surveyed in April 2014 were dissatisfied with the search function and believed it was in the need of improvement. This sentiment was echoed in the Department’s Blueprint 2020 report.

69 percent?  That only proves that 31 percent have never tried a search!  ;D

Dirt Digger said:
69 percent?  That only proves that 31 percent have never tried a search!  ;D

That is close to what I said - "31% weren't aware there was a 'search' feature."

Back