• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Drown RCMP Member Found

Blackhorse7

Inactive
Reaction score
I know there is an RCMP section on here now (again, thanks...), but I thought I would post this in the news.  There is an open thread in the RCMP section.

Dive teams located the body of a drowned RCMP officer Monday after a four-day search in British Columbia's Okanagan Lake.

Police say 46-year-old Joseph Minguy fell out of a moving police zodiac boat on Friday afternoon while on routine patrol.

He briefly surfaced, but he sank below the waves before he could be reached. A passing boater called 911, and a massive search has been underway ever since.

The 23-year veteran of the RCMP was wearing equipment on his duty belt, boots and a bullet-proof vest when he fell.

Witnesses say Minguy was not wearing a personal flotation device although the RCMP have not confirmed it. Whether he was wearing a life vest is expected to be a central focus of the investigation now underway by the B.C. Coroner's Office and the Workers Compensation Board.

Leigh Pearson, a personal friend of Minguy and leader of the Vernon Search and Rescue team, said he was a highly respected officer and will be missed.

Minguy had two sons aged 11 and 13.

:salute:

I think that this post is fine where it is although we may move it a bit later on.

RIP PC Minguy

Canada is a poorer place without you.

Slim :cdn: :salute:

Back