• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Driver's Course Question

kyleg

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I just got accepted for a driver's course starting 18 Dec 2004, but I completely forgot to ask when it finishes (I need to know asap because of potential conflicts). How long is a usual Driver's Course in the reserves?

As a side note, what is your experience with course dates conflicting with a cegep (college) exam?

Thanks for your time,
Pte. Gremlin

Shouldn't be too long. My driver's was a weekend of theory and then a weekend of practice. But that was only for VLSW. Write a memo if you have a college exam and can't make it to one training day, they'll understand.

Took my reserve drivers course about a year ago, lots of time to study, talk to your course warrant once you interview with him, bring your coffee cup....Usually a coffee course, you'll be fine, lots of down time....Cheers

My unit has a driving course starting  on December 16th to January 16th straight...so about a month long (with time off for christmas and new years) here  near Montreal.

Dec. 16?! Sh*t, if that's the case I'll have 2 exams during the course. I'm at the Black Watch, do you know if it's the same course?

It could be the same course.  Is the one you were offered in St Hubert?

You're in the watch?  Cool.  I have a lot of friends there.

Don't Quote me on specifics but:
Your Crse, DRIVER, WHEELED,  should run about 10 weekends and requires approx 500km road time per veh type prior to driver testing.
This crse is over seen by the Armoured School in Gagetown, Instructor standards and crse content are set by CFSAL in Borden and the DG Transport types in NDHQ...

"My driver's was a weekend of theory and then a weekend of practice. But that was only for VLSW."
That scares me...... ::)

My unit has been running a crse over the last two weekends and they haven't even gotten behind the wheel yet....

Cheers
AM

"My driver's was a weekend of theory and then a weekend of practice. But that was only for VLSW."
That scares me......

My unit has been running a crse over the last two weekends and they haven't even gotten behind the wheel yet....

It could be a refresher course on the vehicle...not an actual qualifying course.

Let's hope so......

Remember: There are very few ways that soldiers can kill civialians during peacetime training.....

Vehicle accidents are prob the most likely.....

Thats why we have restrictions on how many hours are nec prior to testing

Cheers
AM

as with conflicts, there are always different solutions.. one of my favorites is having my Unit write a letter to the CEGEP saying that it is essential for me to go on trg, and asking if i can postpone my exam :D...

That's how I was able to write my English Exit in Kingston...

depending on your CEGEP/Prof, they should be quite understanding

Back