• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Don't "Should" All Over Yourself

PrairieBoy

Inactive
Reaction score
Now guys, I don't know much about much. I'm just an 18 year old Air Cadet and high school graduate with a love for rugby and a strong desire to be an Army officer, so I really have little experience from my relatively short life. Like I said, I don't know much about much. However, I do know good advice when I hear it, or read it in this case. This is an article from a favourite website of mine called the Art of Manliness, by a gentleman named Brett McKay. This article has helped me stay motivated even when I thought I was a fool to be trying to get into RMC, and I hope it will help some of you:

http://artofmanliness.com/2011/01/24/dont-should-all-over-yourself/

Not bad stuff.  Doing things for yourself and those whom you love and are near to you is far better than doing something because you 'think' that it's expected.  Balance in life is not, or 'should' not be a bad thing.

Thanks for the link!

Cheers
G2G

wow great article, came at a good time too, I'm about to get out of high school and don't know what I'm going to do after it.

"a man does as he chooses, a boy does as he should"

One great statement, and as he mentiones, some people have a truly hard time making this leap.

Back