• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DO YOU GET TO GO HOME ON WEEKEND BASIC

BLACKBERRY

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
A friend of mine in the medical company told me that people are allowed to go home in the evening on weekend basic training. I told him I don't think so
could somone tell me if this is true. When I was in the reserves 11 years ago QL2 you were not allowed to leave.

When i did it we weren't allowed to go home.

I would expect you to have to stay there. Especially since your going to have to be up at 5 for pt

If it's for the Reserves, then you will more than likely get your weekends off after the first or second weekend, and you may go home then. As for going home in the evenings, no, you will not be allowed off base.

BLACKBERRY said:
A friend of mine in the medical company told me that people are allowed to go home in the evening on weekend basic training. I told him I don't think so
could somone tell me if this is true. When I was in the reserves 11 years ago QL2 you were not allowed to leave.

It depends on how you do your course. If you are a reserve co-op student then yeah you get weekend and nights off. You attend your courses as though you were attending high school. If you do a weekend wonder course then you work all weekend every second weekend. If you do a summer course you will be able to go home once the course has porven they deserve it. During the week your home is a tent.

Hope this anwers your question. :salute:

I think what he means is that people on his friend's weekend basic did 8:00am to 4:00pm and were sleeping at home instead of being there 24/24 for the weekend.

Although I haven't seen a single basic being run in such way I wouldn't be surprised if in fact we felt that low. The reason would be I guess to save on meals and quarters.

Unfortunately I see yoru point and didn'y realise that this occured. damn cheap CO's. I've heard rumor that fire safety had something to do with troops staying over at armouries aswell. Any One know if this is true?

ark said:
I think what he means is that people on his friend's weekend basic did 8:00am to 4:00pm and were sleeping at home instead of being there 24/24 for the weekend.

Although I haven't seen a single basic being run in such way I wouldn't be surprised if in fact we felt that low. The reason would be I guess to save on meals and quarters.

ya, I think that is what ur friend talking about. That is not really BMQ, just ex with ur buddies in the pl.

TR said:
Unfortunately I see yoru point and didn'y realise that this occured. damn cheap CO's. I've heard rumor that fire safety had something to do with troops staying over at armouries aswell. Any One know if this is true?

Thats what fire pickets are for.

CFN. Orange said:
Thats what fire pickets are for.

Ah yes but what are the fire codes for smaller armouries and not the Puzzle palace. Some armouries are very different thent that place. They still stay over night there as far as I know. That is also a CBG battle school and not a unit run BMQ. Units obviously have a smaller buget that may not allow for the feeding of troops. :rocket:

Back