• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dilbert - Too close to real life for comfort.

Korus

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Thought today's Dilbert comic was fitting.

dilbert2040718060905.gif

Don't quite consider myself a "Decorated Army Combat Veteran", but having been on Archer 0 and coming back to starting an engineering job, I know the feeling....

It is sad, but after working 3 co-op stints at Nortel, I know that it is true.

...also funny.

Anyone see any similarities to the current civilian mindset?  ;D

I also agree.
Just a thought though. Will this post cause the site problems with "copyright" laws.
I hope not.

Pro Patria

I shouldn't think so - I get these for free, and as long as the copyright stuff is plainly visible.
Of course, feel free to correct me.

Just asking a question!!
Not sure if the same rules apply to "artwork"? as the written language?

Better Safe Than Sorry

http://www.cb-cda.gc.ca/info/act-e.html#29.1

If I understand it correctly, section 29 of the Copyright Act can apply to this situation, since part of the discussion was the civilian mindset when dealing with the military. If any lawyers want to comment, I'm all ears. Mods, if it turns out I'm in the wrong, feel free to delete my posts. X, I'm curious about this too, and looking at the Act was giving me a headache.

Screw it. If anyone is trying to keep track of Dilbert comic strips on the 'Net, they got one hell of a job.

Never 'got' Dilbert, myself.

You need to work in IT to really appreciate it, I think...

Never 'got' Dilbert, myself.

And pray that you never do. Half the time I read Dilbert, I don't know wether to laugh or cry, it's so true to life as an engineer civvie side.

Some of the reading I did on this subject implied that you are able to discuss the subject of the cartoon, and show what cartoon you are talking about (as we are doing), but you cannot use the cartoon for its original purpose, specifically entertainment. 

Edit - oh, another point: and also as long as we are not profiting monetarily from its use, i.e. like in a presentation during a course that someone paid for to attend.

For example, you could NOT add this Dilbert cartoon to any thread about army humour or the one with 'Skippys damn list again', which only reproduces humourous items we have seen elsewhere.   :eek:

Thanks. That was the impression I was getting, but I was getting my brain twisted in a knot reading through the legalese.

Actually one of the dilbert cartoon really corresponds to a little part of the military

Back