• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Different people, different process

camochick

Inactive
Reaction score
  Since I posted in Application process samples about being merit listed, I have been getting Pm's about the process and my process and other people's processes (is that even a word), so I'm making a post to try and help out some of the people going through or thinking about starting the process (no this isn't a "This is my story post". I have no special story, I wanted to join the military so I am doing it).

Here is how my process worked out:

I applied in early march, a little over a month later i got called for my interview.  I went to  the interview and all went well. The recruiter booked me in for my medical but because the CFRC is busy it took three weeks to get in to see the medical staff. Went for the medical May 7Th, had to get an eye prescription paper filled out, but all went well. Once that paper was dropped off my file was sent to Ottawa (all medical files go through Ottawa for approval). On May 15th i called them and they said that Ottawa received my file and that once it was sent back I would be merit listed (if there were no questions about the medical, if there was I would be sent a letter requesting more information). May 28th they called to confirm that I still wanted my first choice and to tell me i was merit listed.  The told me a selection board would be held that Thursday and i would hear asap, but being selected wasn't going to be an issue.

Now, along the way I have learned a few things, and hopefully this can help answer some of the redundant questions on the board.

Be patient. It sucks, it sucks alot but you have to wait for things to happen. I hate waiting, but if i can do it, anyone can (I'm an instant gratification type of gal Ha! Ha!)

Trade choice can make all the difference when it comes to getting called. My file manager told me that the combat trades are getting called and sent to basic faster than other trades because that is what is needed right now. Once again, be patient.

If you have questions, call your CFRC. Yes, posting something on the boards that has been posted a thousand times before has it's appeal, but the only people who can really answer your questions will be the recruiters. I asked my file manager if she gets alot of calls from impatient people and she laughed and said yeah she did but that was her job to answer our questions.

My friend applied three days after me, she is now in basic, I'm still waiting. Getting picked has nothing to do with when you applied. Don't count on being on a certain basic training date just because you applied the same time as someone else. In the time it took my process to get to where it is, June, July, and early August BMQ dates were filled up, and now I'm looking at a late August early Sept BMQ. Even if you do your testing today, it could take awhile for everything to happen, so don't quit your day job just yet.

That is all I got, I'm not a recruiter, I have limited knowledge of these things and all that I do know I got from asking the recruiter (hint!! hint!!!). So keep up the waiting and hopefully everyone gets where they are going (Oh and as my recruiter says, keep working out ALOT!!!!!)

Exactly. I applied August last summer! Haha.

Back