• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dewat Inglis BREN gun

NavyShooter

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
Hullo folks,

An old piece of Canadian Militaria, I thought I'd share some photos of here.

This is a deactivated Inglis BREN.

It graced the RSM's table at a local Reserve unit's annual ball this past summer, a nice book end to the unit's own Vickers.

Anyhow, some photos:

DSCN3100%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN3101%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN3106%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN3128%20(Medium).JPG

As you can see, it was a DP gun before dewatting, and there's a pile more photos I stashed here:

http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/coffee/pics/BREN/

And this is where she normally lives:

Gunroom.JPG

Enjoy!

NS

You failed to state the asking price.

Sorry Loach, I'm not selling it, I'm just showing it off :p

NS

Boy are you making me feel old. I trained on the Bren and on the Sten, like you have hanging there on the wall, in the early 60's.

I always liked the Bren, it was accurate and easy to maintain. As for the Sten gun, it threw bullets downrange and was easy to strip and reassemble.

Yeah, we fired the bren browning for fun and experience (we actually ran across a bren cleaning up a bunker system), and also fired a white, water-cooled MG in ITR....

Navalsnipr said:
What about the 1/3 scale 50 cal on the safe!!  :rofl:

Why....do you recognize it or something????

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Very clean dewat, not like the chop and weld jobs you usually see.  I also like the 2 band Snider.  DC Diamond marked?

The C2 was my personal weapon (favorite) in the field. ;D
Very nice predecessor  :nod:

Now, lets see what's in that safe ::)

'57....

There's a few items in the safe. 

The C1, the L1's, the Sten, the No4MK1(T), etc etc...

It's a fun room.

As for the levers, there's now a 3rd one up there, in pink for my oldest daughter.

NS

NavyShooter said:
As for the levers, there's now a 3rd one up there, in pink for my oldest daughter.
Ahhh, daughters and pink rifles. Yup, done that. ;D

The Mosin Nagant Scout I made for my daughter.

Nice Recce!

Can I inquire as to how old yours is?  Mine's only 7, but likes the Mini-M2, enjoys the Daisy, and has fired the AR (.22 conv).  I think she fired the Glock with me once too.

NS

NavyShooter said:
Nice Recce!

Can I inquire as to how old yours is?  Mine's only 7, but likes the Mini-M2, enjoys the Daisy, and has fired the AR (.22 conv).  I think she fired the Glock with me once too.

NS

She's 28 now but has been shooting .22 since she was 5. Moved up to a SKS and .38 Airweight when she was 7 or 8 and now uses the Mosin scout, a 12 gauge and a 9mm Tokarev. Same as the rest of us though, too busy working to get in enough range time anymore.

Wow. All those nice, solid, heavy, machined parts. Is there anything on the Bren that is stamped? So beautiful.

Back