• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Desert Magnums... Comments?

Blackhorse7

Inactive
Reaction score
Has anyone used the new Desert Magnums?   I use their Stealth boots as duty boots right now, and I'm thinking of buying a pair.   They seem to fit me better than Danners, and at $140 a pop, I can afford 2 pairs to one pair of Danners.

Blackhorse, I haven't tried the desert ones, but I blew through my first pair of Magnums in about 4 months, my second in about 6.  Not too impressed with them so far.

Oh well, they were comfy while they lasted.

DF

I've known some brits that have them. they say they're good, but wear out like regular magnums (four to six months)
Greg

I just realized my spelling is horrible.  That's supposed to be "desert"....

has anyone tried the desert swats? How do they compare to the magnums

Wearing a pair right now, recommended to me by a guy on roto 2. Very very comfortable, more so than my running shoes. Never worn the Magnums, but I know people who've worn both and they say SWATs are superior. It's like your foot's having sex with your boot...

We'll see how well they hold up in time, but at like $60 US from Copquest.com the price was right...

Been wearing Desert SWAT's on tour for the last month. Love them.  Will be buying a black pair upon return to Canada.

FDL :cdn:

If you are referring to the Hi-Tech desert magnums; I wore those on my last tour to The 'Stan.  personally I love those boots.  Comfort, good foot bed/insole inside, breathe relatively well, dry quick, cheap! $76 USD, and readily available at the PX on KAF.  Not to bad in the winter either if you use a good thick sock; however proper winter boots are the best route

First pair I bought had the heal cup crack so I sent an email to Hi-Tech, they sent me an authorization letter to get a new pair from AAFES free of charge.

Life expectancy is about one 6 month tour of hard use, but since they are so cheap I bought two pair; the second never came out of the box and I can still wear my old ones.  just my personal opinion

V/R
MTAB

Never tried the Desert Magnums. I have tried other Magnums boots and swear by them for comfort and they breath (something issued boots do not do). As for the sole the Magnums are very soft and not like the hockey puck density of our issue boots so from my experience I would not expect more than 6 month out of a pair.

Back